Windows 8.1 (fix enb not work)

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

Evochron ENBSeries Configurations
ENBSeries Website: http://www.enbdev.com/
A thread for sharing ENBSeries Evochron Mercenary configurations.

Tips:

Make sure the effects are turned off before joining a game. It may freeze before the loading screen otherwise.

To reduce loading times when opening the exit menu, use Shift+ESC (Default in my release.) as your keybind to enable/disable the effects before entering the exit menu.

Use http://imgbox.com/ and it's gallery option for forum post thumbnails.

Voyager Release by Punt, includes configuration file with comments and a file with key codes for binds.

Download

Before:

After:

Release Masterlist:

groenelampkap's Effects & Background's Mod
Viper's Release

[Edited on 1-31-2012 by Punt]
Raynor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Raynor »

I tried groenelampkap's enb configs about a week back but they turned out to be way too dark for my monitor. At least from what i could tell in the main menu, the game never loaded past that. I want to work out my own configs but i'm kinda new to this and it'll probably take me a while to figure out what does what and in what amount.
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

From post: 127772, Topic: tid=8707, author=Raynor wrote:I tried groenelampkap's enb configs about a week back but they turned out to be way too dark for my monitor. At least from what i could tell in the main menu, the game never loaded past that. I want to work out my own configs but i'm kinda new to this and it'll probably take me a while to figure out what does what and in what amount.
Turn off the effects until you enter the game. You can change how dark certain scenes are with the

DarkeningAmountDay
DarkeningAmountNight

Settings in the [COLORCORRECTION] category. I highly recommend you download my Voyager release if only because it has comments added to each of the settings explaining what they do.

[Edited on 1-31-2012 by Punt]
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

I have finally found a configuration that works for me. In short, it's quite a bit of bloom without a noticeable decrease in computer performance. The drop in average frame rate has been limited, it went from 50/60 to around 35. Anything over 20/25 is considered to be sufficient, although 20 is the absolute minimum if you want to have a fluent picture.
Remember, the effects can be deactivated by clicking shift-escape for situations where you prefer a higher frame rate, like in combat.

I'm using a what you could call a mid-range computer, so this might work for players with similar equipment too. Here are my computer specs for reference:
  • CPU Make and Model: AMD Athlon Dual Core 4450B 2.3 GHz
  • Installed Memory: 3 GB DDR3
  • Available Physical Memory: 1.66GB
  • 3D Video Card Make and Model: Nvidia GeForce GT 220, 1GB
  • Sound System Make and Model: High Definition Audio Device, Manufacturer: Windows.
  • Hard Drive Capacity: 160GB onboard, 2TB Western Digital external HD.
  • Flight Control Device(s): Logitech MX5500 Revolution Bluetooth wireless Keyboard + Mouse
Here are some screenshots of the in-game results:

And here is the configuration of my .ini file (we should really have a spoiler bbcode for this kinda thing):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=0
AlternativeDepth=1
AllowAntialias=0
BugFixMode=0
SkipShaderOptimization=0
QuadVertexBuffer=0

[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=0
EnableReflection=0
EnableMotionBlur=0
EnableWater=0
EnableShadow=0
DepthBias=500

[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=27
KeyBloom=120
KeyOcclusion=121
KeyReflection=122
KeyCombination=16
KeyShadow=119
KeyWater=118

[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=35
ChromePower=0
UseCurrentFrameReflection=0
ReflectionQuality=0
ReflectionSourceSpecular=15
ReflectionSourceTFactor=15
UseAdditiveReflection=1
ReflectionDepthBias=100
UseLowResReflection=0
ReflectionSinglePass=1

[BLOOM]
BloomScreenLevelDay=70
BloomScreenLevelNight=25
BloomPowerDay=9 /1
BloomPowerNight=12 /2
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=90
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=87.50
BloomConstantDay=10 /0
BloomConstantNight=10 /0
BloomFadeTime=5000
BloomQuality=0
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomCurveNight=1
BloomAllowOversaturation=0

[SSAO]
UseFilter=1
OcclusionQuality=0
FilterQuality=0
DarkeningLevel=3
BrighteningLevel=1
IlluminationLevel=35
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=35
UseAmbientOcclusion=1
UseIndirectLightning=1
FadeDistance=75

[COLORCORRECTION]
ScreenLevelDay=0
ScreenLevelNight=0
DarkeningAmountDay=0
DarkeningAmountNight=0
GammaCurveDay=0
GammaCurveNight=0
ColorSaturationDay=0
ColorSaturationNight=0
UsePaletteTexture=0

[PLUGIN]
WeatherMod=0

[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=1
WaterDeepness=1000
WaterQuality=0

[SHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=750
ShadowFadeEnd=1000
ShadowAmountDay=55
ShadowAmountNight=85
ShadowScreenLevelDay=65
ShadowScreenLevelNight=15
ShadowQuality=0
UseShadowFilter=1
FilterQuality=0

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0
MaxAnisotropy=0
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0
DisplayRefreshRateHz=0

[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=0
MotionBlurRotation=1
MotionBlurVelocity=1
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Raynor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Raynor »

This looks quite nice Viper. I tried my own settings a bit yesterday but some things just appeared too bright and i had a very strange motion blur that took forever to start and go away. Obviously, i didn't really know what i was doing. Anyway, ill try yours.

Punt: I will download it yeah because it's hard to figure out what everything does and i really need help on that. so thanks.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

From post: 127974, Topic: tid=8707, author=Raynor wrote:This looks quite nice Viper. I tried my own settings a bit yesterday but some things just appeared too bright and i had a very strange motion blur that took forever to start and go away. Obviously, i didn't really know what i was doing. Anyway, ill try yours.

Punt: I will download it yeah because it's hard to figure out what everything does and i really need help on that. so thanks.
I have motion blur deactivated on mine, so you will see that issue sorted.
Punt's config file (the .ini) already has very clear explanations behind every entry to explain precisely what they do.

If you still find your bloom too bright, just like before, simply find the following entries:

- BloomPowerDay
- BloomPowerNight

and adjust the settings to your liking. I have mine set to resp 9 and 12.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

It seems that that annoying delay remains. It also happens when you enter a station's hangar, for example. You can of course deactivate the effects, but the same delay happens each time you re-activate them.
This has gotten the better of me and I have deleted the ENB files from my game files until something else more compatible with EM comes along.
DukeLetoIII
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DukeLetoIII »

Hi there! I REALLY REALLY like the effects ENB can make. I used it in Skyrim so i was stoked to see it in Evochron... but i'm confused because i don't see anyone having any issues running it.

My computer specs i'm certain are fine--but regardless of which config file i try, i get the same artifacting in game. It's like a tweak which happens on and off every half second.

Does anyone remember experiencing anything like this?

I'll try to grab some screens when i get home.

Cheers!
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Never heard of that problem before, DukeLeto. I don't really understand what your problem is, either.
I'll wait for your screenshots, maybe those will give some more hints. Maybe you also want to post your config file like I did, so we can try to find what is causing the problem? Thanks!

[Edited on 2-3-2012 by Viper]
Mojo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mojo »

From post: 128821, Topic: tid=8707, author=DukeLetoIII wrote:My computer specs i'm certain are fine--but regardless of which config file i try, i get the same artifacting in game. It's like a tweak which happens on and off every half second.
Try messing with the debug settings, as well as making sure SSAO is disabled first.
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DORN »

Hello all...

I recently underwent a brain replacement operation and seemed to have misplaced my previously perfect understanding of everything discussed in this thread with a vast area of blank incomprehension.

It would be a great kindness if someone could tell me .......what all of the above refers to
.......where is this .ini file located
........What does ENB stand for
........ and how do I get the mod to work...

It's hell getting over 25.

Dorn
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

From post: 129210, Topic: tid=8707, author=DORN wrote:Hello all...

I recently underwent a brain replacement operation and seemed to have misplaced my previously perfect understanding of everything discussed in this thread with a vast area of blank incomprehension.

It would be a great kindness if someone could tell me .......what all of the above refers to
.......where is this .ini file located
........What does ENB stand for
........ and how do I get the mod to work...

It's hell getting over 25.

Dorn
ENBSeries is a modification made to the DirectX Direct 3D Dynamic Link Library by Boris Vorontsov (also known as "ENB") that allows user configurable post-processing effects to be rendered in any game that supports using a modified Direct 3D DLL.

The configuration file (enbseries.ini), along with the modified DLL (d3d9.dll), is contained within most of the ENBSeries uploads. The particular release of ENBSeries we're using happens to work with quite a few games, including Evochron Mercenary, but was originally developed for Resident Evil 4 (and contains legacy settings for GTA: San Andreas).

To activate ENBSeries, all you need to do is drop the appropriate files, which you can get from most of the uploads in this thread, into the root directory of Evochron Mercenary (where EvochronMercenary.exe is located). To modify the post-processing effects, simply edit the settings found within the ENBSeries configuration file, which can be opened by any standard text editor; such as notepad, nano, VI(M) or TextEdit. I recommend downloading my release if only because of the well commented configuration file, which will help you through the process of modifying the post-processing effects to your liking.

[Edited on 2-6-2012 by Punt]
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DORN »

Wow,

.... is that esoteric or what!

Thank you very much for the review.

Now I understand about the motion blur.

To have the motion blur turned off, do all three parameters need to be zero or just the first. Motion Blur Quality = 0

Dorn
tsuki
Ensign
Ensign

Post by tsuki »

Does this also work in MP environment? I've tried it once and I wasn't able to host and join MP games anymore.

[Edited on 6-2-2012 by tsuki]
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DORN »

Hmmmnnnnnnn.......

I put the two files in the EvochronMercenary folder and game will not even begin to load. Take the files out and everything is fine.

I tried both Viper's ini and Punt's. Same result.

Maybe I just have a machine that won't run it?

4Gb Ram. No issues with any other addons.

Dorn
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

From post: 129396, Topic: tid=8707, author=DORN wrote:Hmmmnnnnnnn.......

I put the two files in the EvochronMercenary folder and game will not even begin to load. Take the files out and everything is fine.

I tried both Viper's ini and Punt's. Same result.

Maybe I just have a machine that won't run it?

4Gb Ram. No issues with any other addons.

Dorn
From post: 129281, Topic: tid=8707, author=tsuki wrote:Does this also work in MP environment? I've tried it once and I wasn't able to host and join MP games anymore.

[Edited on 6-2-2012 by tsuki]
The ENB Series mod does have a considerable impact on the game's performance, the loading times etc. It may well cause the game to not even load sometimes or all of the time. It doesn't always seem to matter whether you have a lot of memory or not; it may also depend on the amount of available memory for the game, or the RAM capacity of your video card (I myself have 'only' 1.6 Gig available memory (3.0 Gig total) and a 1 Gig video card and it does load the game with ENB Series active).
I'm really not sure what exactly it is that sometimes causes the problems with ENB, but it seems abundantly clear that it does have quite an impact on your system and the game, regardless of the settings.

There is one thing you may try: try the Large Address Aware memory utility by Mojo, and assign some more RAM memory to Evchron Mercenary. Be careful though you don't assign too much, taking away from what other processes need. I'm pretty sure this may cause an instable system. But it's worth a try.

Then, you could see what happens if you turn off all the effect in the config file and try loading the game. If it loads ok, start enabling one effect at a time until you reach the tipping point and the game won't start anymore. You can then decide which effects you want to keep and which ones not.

Good luck!

[Edited on 2-7-2012 by Viper]
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

From post: 129280, Topic: tid=8707, author=DORN wrote:To have the motion blur turned off, do all three parameters need to be zero or just the first. Motion Blur Quality = 0
The 'Motion Blur Quallity' determines the quality of the effect, rather than it being enabled or not.

Find 'EnableMotionBlur=0' and set its value to '0' (as shown here) to disable the motion blur effect completely.
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DORN »

Thanks Viper,

Very clear explanation much appreciated.

Dorn
NLS
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by NLS »

I am sorry to "wake up" this old thread, but it suits fine so I don't make a new one.

I've been looking for ENBSeries newer DLL and I wonder why the mods here use an old version (0.7.4) which is normally for Resident Evil... 4 (not even 5).

I looked in Boris' site and there are several newer DLL.
There is a generic 0.7.6 that I tried and I think (I don't remember) didn't work well. But maybe it's just a parameter. It is better to use a generic version.
Then there is a version 0.96 for Skyrim that Boris also says is fine for generic. I use that one, because it somehow works better than 0.7.4 (I am rather missing the glass glare on HUD or is not so strong, I am not sure - but anyway the glass glare with 0.7.4 was VERY strong, both with ENB_Series mod and with HDR mod).
There is even a (very fat) version 0244 I didn't even try.

http://enbdev.com/download.htm

Maybe someone (that knows these things) can experiment with a newer DLL (at least 0.9.6) which also possibly implements more effects?

Also (Viper), I am sure Boris would be interested if you contacted him to make a version specifically for Evochron Mercenary?
---
NLS
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 166444, Topic: tid=8707, author=NLS wrote:I am sorry to "wake up" this old thread, but it suits fine so I don't make a new one.

I've been looking for ENBSeries newer DLL and I wonder why the mods here use an old version (0.7.4) which is normally for Resident Evil... 4 (not even 5).

I looked in Boris' site and there are several newer DLL.
There is a generic 0.7.6 that I tried and I think (I don't remember) didn't work well. But maybe it's just a parameter. It is better to use a generic version.
Then there is a version 0.96 for Skyrim that Boris also says is fine for generic. I use that one, because it somehow works better than 0.7.4 (I am rather missing the glass glare on HUD or is not so strong, I am not sure - but anyway the glass glare with 0.7.4 was VERY strong, both with ENB_Series mod and with HDR mod).
There is even a (very fat) version 0244 I didn't even try.

http://enbdev.com/download.htm

Maybe someone (that knows these things) can experiment with a newer DLL (at least 0.9.6) which also possibly implements more effects?

Also (Viper), I am sure Boris would be interested if you contacted him to make a version specifically for Evochron Mercenary?
Hola.

Maybe you can send a email to Boris.. Viper is off of the forum now :(
NLS
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by NLS »

What you mean off the forum?
Permanently?

Also, dev is waaaaaay better to contact Boris.

Boris is known to be an *ss sometimes (or many times). Or so I've heard. :P
He will probably just insult and make feel stupid anybody that approaches him for the game - except the dev himself.

[Edited on 7-1-2014 by NLS]
---
NLS
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 166457, Topic: tid=8707, author=NLS wrote:What you mean off the forum?
Permanently?

Also, dev is waaaaaay better to contact Boris.

Boris is known to be an *ss sometimes (or many times). Or so I've heard. :P
He will probably just insult and make feel stupid anybody that approaches him for the game - except the dev himself.

[Edited on 7-1-2014 by NLS]
Viper:
Last active: 28-9-2013 at 09:03

I do not know how it is "boris" I do not care.

But if so, why are you delegate the "dirty work" on viper?
NLS
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by NLS »

Why is Viper not here any more? Anybody knows?

I am not delegating anything, I think everybody else THAN him would be a delegation.
---
NLS
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

IIRC, Viper had to go back to work. He drops by occasionally ... but, like many who have provided mods, his priorities have changed.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

Viper working to much at the moment for being into the game unfortunately :(

I saluate a new times this players who moved and explained a lot of things
steam name : x iron man