Noob problem with NAV points

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Reneval
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Reneval »

Hello all!

A minute a go I got my registration codes and I'm very excited to get to play this game. So I'm in the very beginning of my journey in Evochron. I just have a little problem:

When I try to do the first tasks (given from the first station that you're facing when the game starts) by jumping to the NAV point given, the mission is aborted and I'm situated somewhere way off where I'm supposed to be. Why is this, am I doing something wrong?

I had this prob in the demo too and thought it would be fixed in the full version, but alas, I still fly blindly into the unknown. Am I really supposed to fly some 70 000 (insert the right space travel unit here) without lightspeed to start the mission???? Man, it's gonna be one lenghty game..

Otherwise I think the game is just brilliant and happily paid to support this kind of game projects.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

Do not use "ALT" when jumping!
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: This might help: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6126

... or this: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6644

Either way, before you start, get yourself a better jump drive ... at least a Class 2.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Reneval, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Reneval
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Reneval »

Thanks to the replies.

I think it does the same "blind jump" even if I use the NAV map to jump. But I'll try it again. First I thought it would do it only if I had inertial on so the lightspeed would fling me across the galaxy but guess not? I came to a point of jump fobia because I didn't want to end up some 255k ahead of my real goal.

BTW why does it sometimes activate the jump mode if I use autopilot and sometimes not? And how do you get this kind of HUD and camera angle with the ship not fixed to the lower part of the aiming reticle with inertial off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlkTHd48 ... re=related

And what is MDTS?

Thanks for the help. Now I'm going to try multiplayer. See you there!
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

"Welcome Aboard Reneval"....if your navigation point is far away then the auto pilot will automatically calculate the heading needed then engage your jump drive, If your navigation point is close then there is no need to jump and the auto pilot will head to the nav point without using the jump drive.

Have Fun Flying...;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Reneval, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

MDTS is the " targeting system" that automattically keeps your weapons targetted as long as the target is within the firing zone
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Iconik
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Iconik »

Revenal! See you in game again soon. Had fun today. So hilarious watching you disintegrate!
Reneval
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Reneval »

Iconik! Yes, see you soon!

I hope the game retains its magic even if I play it more and get good at it. Like in many games the beginning moments of learning and trying to achieve modest things (like mining or landing on a planet :D ) are usually the best.

Yesterday was just that kind of pure joy. Man, I love this game! And I've just scratched the surface.
Z3r0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Z3r0 »

Reneval when jumping somewhere its not related what speed you are and the heading is only matters where you apear, but it wont change the lenght of jump. When jumping always ensure that top view and rear view waypoints are where you want to be :). And whem jumping to gates or stations, just right click on them and all coords will be placed correctly for you. About MDTS as MMaggio said, its auto targeting system. When its on the ship will try to target automatically while your target is inside BIG circle, for me when firing at missiles its better to temporary turn OFF the MDTS, because i get a feeling that when shooting at missile my weapons sometimes targets at nearby ship ant not the missile, but maybe its just my paranoia :D
so many buttons in the cockpit!!
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

From post: 110692, Topic: tid=7769, author=Z3r0 wrote:About MDTS as MMaggio said, its auto targeting system. When its on the ship will try to target automatically while your target is inside BIG circle, for me when firing at missiles its better to temporary turn OFF the MDTS, because i get a feeling that when shooting at missile my weapons sometimes targets at nearby ship ant not the missile, but maybe its just my paranoia :D
You can also roll your ship while shooting at the targetted ship and catch the incomming missiles into the line of fire and destroy them while you are shooting at the enemy ships.
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 110692, Topic: tid=7769, author=Z3r0 wrote:Reneval when jumping somewhere its not related what ... the heading is ....
:cool: Actually, the heading and pitch matter quite a bit. Especially when jumping toward a gate or carrier.
Z3r0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Z3r0 »

From post: 110709, Topic: tid=7769, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 110692, Topic: tid=7769, author=Z3r0 wrote:Reneval when jumping somewhere its not related what ... the heading is ....
:cool: Actually, the heading and pitch matter quite a bit. Especially when jumping toward a gate or carrier.
Yes but only the direction you will land, if you jump with 180 heading, you wont overjump the target with 2 sectors :) i ment that :)
so many buttons in the cockpit!!
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

From post: 110562, Topic: tid=7769, author=Reneval wrote:And how do you get this kind of HUD and camera angle with the ship not fixed to the lower part of the aiming reticle with inertial off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlkTHd48 ... re=related[/quote]
Sorry for the grave dig, but this is one of the things I was wondering. Can't seem to find the right key for it, just the 3rd persons view with the ship fixed to the camera.

And hi all, brand new to this game. Came from Freelancer, and although I have tried several other games, this one is the first one to get me seriously interested after Freelancer.
Still playing the demo right now, but will definitely buy the full game and some after that, you will see me in space. Blowing up a lot methinks lol.

Cya and thanks for the help.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"