Rebel clan...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Rebel clan...

Post by Viper »

[align=center]Image
"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother"
~ a commonly heard Rebel quote.

The Rebel Faction provides for a way for players to simply log on and play their role of pirate, rogue, mercenary
or any other form of outlaw under a uniting \'bad guy\'-tag, without having to bother with the time-consuming commitments of a real clan
such as having to play according to elaborate clan rules, claimed system politics, system maintenance duties, reporting back to the clan leader, etc.

The Rebels is about HAVING FUN.
[/align]

Short RP description:

The Rebel Faction is the largest gang of (human) criminals known to the EvoVerse. The disorganized character of the faction caused by the various natures of its members, the lack of a regulated command structure, an almost complete absence of infrastructure and steady property, the total disregard for laws and the utter aversion and grudge every Rebel member has against the established system of governments and large companies, makes the Rebel faction extremely dangerous and illusive at the same time.
With no clear leadership to apply political pressure on, no property to destroy and no official territory to attack, the Rebel faction remains an ever threatening and intangible presence in the EvoVerse.

Clan Guidelines:

Please note:
The guidelines below are more common sense than anything else and they should come natural to anybody. As such, it shouldn't be necessary to actively enforce them.
However, if I were to receive complaints about any Rebel behavior and it is clear to me that the guidelines below have not been respected, the clan member in question will receive a u2u with the request to leave the Rebels. I will then also inform the server administrators that the member in question is not supposed to fly with the [X] tag any longer, and ask them to take appropriate measures if they are spotted doing so regardless.
There will be no warnings or second chances. As noted, it shouldn't be necessary to put up these rules in the first place.

Anyone who isn't able to play by these guidelines, shouldn't be in the Rebels.
  • As a Rebel member, you (like everyone else) are expected to play by the written server rules.
    It is however completely up to each individual Rebel member whether or not to follow the unwritten rules (what some refer to as 'gentleman's agreements').
    Some players may see ignoring the unwritten rules as bad sportsmanship, but the intention of the Rebels is to kick up some dust. Not many real life criminals would hold any value to gentleman's agreements and unwritten rules, and so seeing the role the Rebels play, neither will they.
    Rebel members are encouraged to use any valid excuse to justify any in-game action within the server rules, as long as your actions contribute positively to the gaming experience of yourself and other players.
  • Show respect and be polite to others at all times, anywhere.
    Mind your behavior and your choice of words. Chatting in a disrespectful manner ingame, using disrespectful or in any way offensive language on this forum as well as other forums will make the Rebels as well as this entire community look bad to the readers.
  • The first and foremost reason for the existence of The Rebel faction is to have fun.
    In everything you do, keep this in mind. If whatever you do as a Rebel reduces the fun you or other players have in playing the game, you might be in the wrong clan.
  • All Rebel members are asked to take the points mentioned below into account.
Things to know about the Rebel faction (before you join):
  • The Rebels have no recruitment criteria.
    Any player may simply add '[X]' in front of their character name so they can be recognized as a Rebel and they are good to go.
    Although not mandatory, I would appreciate it if players who decide to join the Rebels left a note in this thread saying that they have joined.
  • The Rebels do not have a structure or hierarchy like normal clans.
    There is no clan leader who barks order around, and every member is allowed to make his own decisions within the server rules and the clan spirit.
    As the clan initiator I may occasionally make efforts to steer the Rebels in a certain RP direction in regards to other clans or even close a temporary alliance with another clan, but it will always be up to any member's own discretion whether or not to follow these.
    Please note that as the clan leader I do hold the final responsibility over the Rebels and their behavior and if the need arises, I will take appropriate measures.
  • The Rebels do not pay allegiance to any organisation but their own.
    They do not hold alliances with any other faction or clan, nor do they take any specific political standpoint. They are an independent, yet incoherent outlaw organization and operate as such.
  • The Rebels do not and will not claim any territory as their own, ever.
    Rebel stations may be built anywhere and rumors may indicate that some systems may have an increased Rebel presence, but the Rebels will never officially claim any territory as their own.
  • Following the previous point, the Rebels do not and will not occupy themselves with maintaining percentages.
    The reasons for this are:
    • Such territorial behavior reflects a level of organization that does not fit the disorganized nature of the Rebels;
    • It prevents that Rebel members have to dedicate (part of) their playing time to system maintenance instead of having fun, and
    • It prevents bad feelings, tension and ultimately aggravation when property (ie ingame stations) gets destroyed or percentages get dropped or even turned around by the actions of another clan.
    If owning and maintaining territory and property is your thing, the Rebels are not for you.
  • As follows, the Rebels do not have any official headquarters.
    Stations that are utilized as 'temporary headquarters' / 'main deployment base'/ whatever may be built, destroyed and rebuilt anywhere at any time.
  • Every Rebel is free to build Rebel Outposts where-ever he pleases and for whatever reason.
    Please always make sure you name them '[X] Rebel Outpost'.
    If you build a new Outpost, please make sure you also build a Research Station close by to increase the tech level on the Outpost.
    > Places of interest:
    • Wolf Zone
    • Merak
    • Aries
    • Agate
    • Opal (Agate Hub)
~ Viper.

[Edited on 4-21-2013 by Viper]
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Viper
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Viper »

Full RP background story about the Rebels:

The Rebel Faction consists of pilots marked as criminals and outlaws by the Evochron governments. Rebel pilots are pilots who have chosen not to follow the commonly accepted rules and laws. Instead they live by their own personal beliefs and principles, away from normal society.

Each Rebel may have their own reasons for choosing this way of life. Some Rebels may in fact have been highly awarded war veterans who have come to oppose the agendas of both the Alliance and Federation Governments, other Rebels may have been living a criminal life from the day they were born and don't know any better than to make a living from piracy and use the biggest guns they can find as their main currency.

Be that as it is, all Rebels have at least two very important things in common. They all oppose 'the system' as it is imposed upon the people of Evochron by the various governments, and they are therefor all seen as criminals of the law and labeled outlaws because of it.

As a result, despite of their various natures, there is one deeply shared belief among all Rebels within the Rebel community:
Balance must be returned to the EvoVerse and true freedom of life must be returned to the people of Evochron. To that end, the governments must be overthrown, and any clan or faction supporting them must be destroyed.

A commonly heard Rebel slogan is:

"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother".

The level of organization in the Rebel faction is extremely low, if at all existent. They are not a clan or faction like a regular clan and there is no command structure or hierarchy of any discernible presence as such. This is the direct result of the extremely various characters and origins of Rebel pilots and most of all due to their inherent nature of not being willing to commit to a fixed structure of rules. There is no control over potential problematic Rebel behavior. Rebel pilots answer to no-one but themselves.

Although the sound of the word 'Rebel' has a somewhat ominous ring to it for most people, there probably is more to the Rebel faction than meets the eye. Even though Rebels are labeled as criminals of the law by the governments, some people have presented the idea that the Rebels are in fact fighting for the better of the citizens of Evochron. Governments and local authorities continue to deny this to be true, and keep stressing out that attempts to contact the Rebels in any way, shape or form, is a felony.

Rebels do not live close to normal society. They are scattered throughout the EvoVerse, and mostly live in the outskirts of less popular areas or at least out of the way of main trafiic. Rebel Stations and Outpost are few and far between, and are often destroyed by Alliance or Federation forces shortly after being discovered. Sometimes they get rebuilt on another location, sometimes they are not.
There is no single star system that is officially known as being owned or at least to be claimed by the Rebels. However, rumor has it that desolate systems like Opal, Agate and especially Merak may house a concentration of Rebels much higher than average. It is also rumored that Wolf Zone might have a Rebel Station, and that certain hidden Rogue hideouts are being used by the Rebels.

~ Viper.

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by Viper]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Maarschalk »

Way coooooool, hope to see some of your Rebels out there!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Julian
Ensign
Ensign

PaulB

Post by Julian »

Hope this faction is successful. The Evoverse needs more chaos.:P

[Edited on 10-14-2012 by Julian]
EN4CER
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PaulB

Post by EN4CER »

The Grinning Skulls will not pirate pilots sporting the [X] insignia unless provoked. Good luck Rebels.
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by -splosives- »

you two should start an alliance :P
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.
Viper
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Viper »

Thanks all and thank you En4cer for your lenience, it shall be returned.
The Rebels will never start an alliance with any other clan though, since the [X] faction is not an organized body of such a level. They're all a bunch of rogue criminals mate, they wouldn't listen anyway lol.

So far I have seen at least one other player with a [X] tag on, then again the last time I played was last Sunday. Good to see!

~ Viper.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 146565, Topic: tid=9867, author=Viper wrote:Thanks all and thank you En4cer for your lenience, it shall be returned.
The Rebels will never start an alliance with any other clan though, since the [X] faction is not an organized body of such a level. They're all a bunch of rogue criminals mate, they wouldn't listen anyway lol.

So far I have seen at least one other player with a [X] tag on, then again the last time I played was last Sunday. Good to see!

~ Viper.
Yes, that was me wearing an [X] Tag as I understood from another thread that the use of the [X] tag was if you wanted to be fought with and attacked by other players with out having to ask for PvP on a certain Server. I do not know if Starport6 Server is one of them though!.....;):P:cool:

[Edited on 10-17-2012 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PaulB

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Hey Maars ... I think the "I want to fight" symbol is ]X[ ... as opposed to the Rebel's symbol ... which is a clan symbol.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 146578, Topic: tid=9867, author=Marvin wrote::cool: Hey Maars ... I think the "I want to fight" symbol is ]X[ ... as opposed to the Rebel's symbol ... which is a clan symbol.
LOL, I did not know I have Dyslexia, must be the memory kind!.......;):P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PaulB

Post by Marvin »

:cool: No problem. At least your "big bang before the expansion" was funny :P ... even though it took me a minute to get it. ;)
hank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PaulB

Post by hank »

I have not yet decided if clans are in my future but this one sounds interesting. So I decided to fly to main base (1st one on the list) and I assumed it would be in Starbase 6's universe but when I got to those exact locations I could not find a base.

It seemed there should be a base there because several reds were right in that same area that jumped me. They appeared to be AI ships. I looked all around while dodging missiles and could not find anything.

What did I do wrong? Is it on another server? I am a newb and I typically post in the newb forum so please forgive if this is not the proper place.
Call sign: Thanatos
Viper
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Viper »

You didn't do anything wrong. I checked last night and the station seems to have been removed. Seeing a [SG] station has curiously appeared inside the gas planet all the sudden, less than 2 sectors from where our station used to be, some [SG] member must have thought it to be funny to remove ours and build his own inside the gas planet, blocking our options to rebuild the Rebel Outpost. Normally I would have destroyed the station, but I haven't found a way to do that yet inside a gas planet.

Last night the other two bases were still there, though. One of them is off the horizontal plane, though (2 sectors up, I believe). In your nav map, click on 'rear view' to see it.
I'm still working on a way to blow up that pesky [SG] station as well placing other stations elsewhere. Until such time this has been completed, you are most welcome on one of the other stations.

~ Viper.
hank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PaulB

Post by hank »

Thanks for the input. I flew to the two bases near Merak. Nice set up. But, there were lots of Reds around that kept harassing me. I took a couple out but they just multiplied so I cut out and exited.

Those coords are right on ... I jumped right into the docking bay (I had never done that before ... lesson learned). That was cool especially since I ran out of missiles once and needed to rearm quickly.

Thanks again ... I'll go back later. Maybe I'll have help then.

have a good day

[Edited on 11-2-2012 by hank]
Call sign: Thanatos
Viper
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Viper »

Good to know you have found your way there mate. As you have found out, for the moment we should forget about the first station until I have found a way to destroy that pesky little [SG] station inside the gas planet.

Yeah it could well be there's a lot of red NPC flying about there. Merak is a deserted system, torn apart by the effects of several Fulcrum detonations which were used in a desperate attempt to defeat the Vonari invasion years ago. Since that time the system has been inhabited by only a few remaining people, who struggle to get by with the very limited resources available there. The system is frequented by Rebel and Guild pilots who prey on these people and their cargo, and each other (you can find this sort of background info in game by hitting F3, and then clicking on 'System Information).
This explains the high amount of hostile ships on your radar; Merak is a 'hostile' system (ie the dominating factions are Rebel and/or Guild) by nature.
Next time you play, have a look at from which factions they are; if your reputations are still mostly unchanged the 'red' ships should either be Rebel and/or Guild ships. If you wanna play your role of a Rebel right, try blowing up a lot of Navy and Energy scum (don't forget to save in between dying lol). Over time, your reputation with the Rebel and Guild ships will improve and your reputation with the Navy and Energy ships will go down. Seeing that the Rebel and Guild ships are the dominating factions in the system and only a few Navy and Energy ships go there, you will reap the benefits of your killing sprees. If you see it through you will reach green rep with the Rebel and Guild, and you will see a lot of green ships flying around, instead of red ones.

And besides, it's fun and good practice.

P.S.:
I noticed that you don't have an avatar and signature yet. If you want, feel free to use one of those listed above. That's what they're there for. ;)

Have fun!

~ Viper.
Viper
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Viper »

Rebel avatars and signatures updated with the new metal versions.

~ Viper.
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by -splosives- »

looks neat
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.
sundalo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PaulB

Post by sundalo »

The new gun metal look looks fantastic Viper!:)
\"There\'s a war going on out there, and it ain\'t easy!\"

\"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.\"
EN4CER
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PaulB

Post by EN4CER »

Yeah I really like the new design. Good stuff.
Viper
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Viper »

Thanks gents!

~ Viper.
DJNUMA
Ensign
Ensign

PaulB

Post by DJNUMA »

Due to my recently being tagged as a "Spy" for the Vonari, I will begin running a Rebel Clan tag.
I meld the universe to my will,
I bring Order to Chaos and Chaos to Order.
The blackness of space is my friend,
For I am hunted, my crimes, those of men.
I am a Rebel.
And for this,
My life is mine to own.
Viper
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Viper »

Excellent, welcome to the most disorganized and unofficial gang of the EvoVerse. Hope you have fun doing it! :cool:
DJNUMA
Ensign
Ensign

PaulB

Post by DJNUMA »

Why thank you
I meld the universe to my will,
I bring Order to Chaos and Chaos to Order.
The blackness of space is my friend,
For I am hunted, my crimes, those of men.
I am a Rebel.
And for this,
My life is mine to own.
Erex
Ensign
Ensign

PaulB

Post by Erex »

Hhm, I like this concept
Viper
Captain
Captain

PaulB

Post by Viper »

What's not to like? You get to do whatever you want with no strings attached what so ever. It's a little kid's [strike]nightmare[/strike] dream! :cool:

If you're game, I'll see you in game some time. ;)

~ Viper.