Avoiding Friendly Fire

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Avoiding Friendly Fire

Post by Marvin »

Any time you fly with a tag (e.g. [IM] Marvin), anyone with a different tag will show as an enemy (red) on your target displays (HUD, radar, and right-hand monitor). Consequently, if you enter a sector where combat is taking place, (in the heat of battle) you're likely to be mistaken for the enemy. So, be on your guard and prepare to move out of harms way. Or wait at the local trade station until the contract is completed. Or at least announce your entry (admittedly, chat messages come fast and furious right now and an announcement might be easily overlooked).

Then, after you've sorted out the fact you're a good guy and not really red, you might notice that all the other tagged pilots are red to you. The solution to this problem is simple: press the Numpad minus key (-) while the apparently red friendly is targeted. S/he will immediately turn green. And request that all other pilots do the same for you.
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Avoiding Friendly Fire

Post by Dingo »

This has happened more often than I can count in the last few days on USS. Good to post it Marv!

[Edited on 1-23-2012 by Dingo]
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Avoiding Friendly Fire

Post by Maarschalk »

More reasons not to use a clan tag.......once an indie always an indie........;):P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Avoiding Friendly Fire

Post by Dingo »

From post: 125533, Topic: tid=8507, author=Maarschalk wrote:More reasons not to use a clan tag.......once an indie always an indie........;):P:P:P:P:P:P

I do kind of wish more would spend at least some time as an indie before throwing on tags and getting into trouble.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Avoiding Friendly Fire

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I wish that non-clan players could also make Green- Red designatons also. I know that non-clan players see everybody as yellow, but it can be tough to recognize another player who's not friendly to you when flying through heavy Green-Yellow AI traffic or when flying with a large group of friendly players. Being able to see a hostile player as Red in spite of clan tags would help prevent sneak attacks in these situations after you've indentified them and designated them.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Avoiding Friendly Fire

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 125583, Topic: tid=8507, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:I wish that non-clan players could also make Green- Red designatons also. I know that non-clan players see everybody as yellow, but it can be tough to recognize another player who's not friendly to you when flying through heavy Green-Yellow AI traffic or when flying with a large group of friendly players. Being able to see a hostile player as Red in spite of clan tags would help prevent sneak attacks in these situations after you've indentified them and designated them.
With individual non clan tagged players it is like walking down the street. You do not know when you are going to be robbed, attacked or assaulted and by whom! And your going to defend your self, give your money or run. Same with sneak attacks you never know who, why or what unless you sneak attacked some one first!....;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Viper
Captain
Captain

Avoiding Friendly Fire

Post by Viper »

I never knew this was even possible, thanks for posting it Marvin!
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"