Nice

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
light487
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by light487 »

From post: 136029, Topic: tid=6644, author=Marvin wrote::cool: Try this:
  • Set your throttle to about 900kps.
  • Ignore the Navy pilot flying against you.
  • Concentrate on flying the course.
  • Ignore the Navy pilot ... 'cause he flies slower.
  • Ignore the Navy guy or you will probably fly past the boxes.
900?? My ship only does 558 (or something).

Should I be upgrading my ship before this mission? Am I trying to attempt this 2nd "storyline" mission too quickly? Is that the problem?

I think the other guy flies at 800..? So I try to use my afterburners.. but it's a lot of fuel and of course I overshoot a lot.

The most frustrating part is having to start over from planetside because you can't save during a contract.. :( It takes a good 5 to 10 minutes to get from the planet to the Nav point..
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nice

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Try using the thrust multiplyer. You can find the keyboard option on page 3 of the game options menu.
light487
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by light487 »

Thanks Marvin. I'll give it another try... so many options and keys and stuff.. it's quite difficult to get into this.

The reason I bought this game/sim was because I always loved games where I could basically fly from one place to another, trading resources that actually affected the economy (and sometimes politics/war) and really live like a spacefarer without needing to fight unless I had to and all that.. like sailing on the open ocean but instead in space. :)

I don't really want to do the story stuff so much but I need to first build up a bit of cash flow as well as learn the systems etc.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Nice

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Light487, welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
light487
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by light487 »

Yes.. I might try the MP side of things.. maybe I can get a better grip of things that way. I am not new to sims but I no longer own a joystick and its been many years since I've flown anything beyond EvE's dumbed down version of spaceflight. :)
light487
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by light487 »

Well thanks for the help, I did a bit of MP and then today went to try out the race mission again. It was soooo easy, I can't believe I was having trouble with it before.. but I guess I just needed to get familiar with the controls and flight dynamics a bit more. I've since gone through the other missions, including the first combat one and now on to the defend capital ship one.

I had a bit of trouble with the combat since my ship is not really built for fighting.. but I loaded some better missiles, tried a few times and managed to take one out with the missile and the second out with just guns... quite satisfying but I think I will avoid combat as much as I can :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nice

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Multiplayer is probably the best place to complete the last few contracts in the IMG Quest ... you can almost always find someone to help.
Kered
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by Kered »

Thanks for this first mission walkthru. It really helps with understanding Navigation as well.
Many thanks
Captain86
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by Captain86 »

I have taken the quest prior to seeing this tutor and it's exactly as you posted it should be.

I have a question about the player races
When I try to take that mission it says can't do it in muliplayer mode which is strange because I'm suppose to take the challenge to race another player ?

Please advise
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Nice

Post by -splosives- »

that's the only mission you can't do in multiplayer. You can however challenge other players to race.
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nice

Post by Marvin »

:cool: The race is against an AI Navy pilot. The only races you can do in MP are against other players. Hence the need to do that one contract in SP.
Schmidtrock
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Nice

Post by Schmidtrock »

Thanks for this!
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Torkmada
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by Torkmada »

Thanks a lot for the tutorial :)
\'Nec Deum, Nec Dominum\'

\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nice

Post by Marvin »

As a side note, the steps listed for completing the race are out of date. AI ships now go much faster, making it more difficult to beat them.
Eleuth
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by Eleuth »

From post: 91371, Topic: tid=6644, author=Marvin wrote:CAUTION: Spoiler Alert!

Marvin,

I can accept the order in this tutorial, but how do I find the ship I need. Is it the purple dot?

And do I have to form up with the ship?
Eric
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Nice

Post by Maarschalk »

Do you mean how to find the ship you need to race against Eleuth?

If so when you jump to the Navigation point you see a Green Navigation point where the Race track\\tunnel you need to fly through starts!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Eleuth
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by Eleuth »

From post: 155854, Topic: tid=6644, author=Maarschalk wrote:Do you mean how to find the ship you need to race against Eleuth?

If so when you jump to the Navigation point you see a Green Navigation point where the Race track\\tunnel you need to fly through starts!.....;):cool:
No, I mean the tutorial for New Hope (the first assignment.
But I looked at the tutorial on Youtube. I think I understand and give it a try.
Hersir
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by Hersir »

I'm playing as a combat pilot and I have already put quite an effort into my ship and rank. Would I be able to start the quest if I swap to a civilian frame?
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Nice

Post by Rubber Chicken »

^ Yes. You'll get the message for the quest once you launch your first civvy ship.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nice

Post by DaveK »

From post: 166307, Topic: tid=6644, author=Hersir wrote:I'm playing as a combat pilot and I have already put quite an effort into my ship and rank. Would I be able to start the quest if I swap to a civilian frame?
You can start the Quest whenever you want to in whatever frame you choose. You can also 'pause' it for a while and go off and do other things and come back to it when you're ready :)

You might like to contact SeeJay before you start - he's created a longer Quest (called Over The Hill) that continues where the official quest finishes. Vice gave his permission for the official IMG Quest to added to the beginning - to be the first part of SeeJay's Quest. SeeJay has added chapters of a background story the the official Quest (and to his own) - you are given passwords so you can download them at various stages of the quest - it makes it a bit more fun to have some background! :)

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Craseder
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by Craseder »

Hey guys, first night player here. I was just wondering what you're supposed to do for the first mission? It seems simple, yeah, but I line myself up in the green box and... nothing. I sit there, not doing anything, and nothing happens. what gives? Sorry if I'm just being an idiot (I've missed a few things in-game tonight)
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Nice

Post by Capt_Caveman »

jettison the cargo in the box
Busch
Captain
Captain

Nice

Post by Busch »

Keyboard "J" key, or F-3 inventory toggle then mouse-hover-left-click item, or F-3 inventory toggle - "Jettison" toggle (left click) - right side of your cargo bay inventory stack. (hopefully inside of the cap ship's green box on your first pass.) :)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Craseder
Ensign
Ensign

Nice

Post by Craseder »

From post: 168252, Topic: tid=6644, author=capt_cronic wrote:jettison the cargo in the box
Thanks. Figured I was just missing something lol.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nice

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Btw, SeeJay's Over the Hill quest mod, found here:

http://evochron2.junholt.se/quests/over ... hehill.htm

includes the default quest ... and then extends beyond it.