3screens.... possibility to move around menus?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
blacky75
Ensign
Ensign

Post by blacky75 »

Hello pilots :-)

Little question, not THAT important, but would please me somewhat :-) As I'm on 3 screens, I'd like to 'drag' the nav screen or inventory screen or any screen/menu we can open in play, aside.... is it possible to change the x/y position of them? tia :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: If it is, it should be listed in the Customizing Kit's Readme file: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegac ... readme.htm
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It's not something that's currently available. Due to dependencies with how the game renders certain elements, including the mouse pointer and consoles (which are dedicated 3D surfaces that are actually rendered in the 3D scene), there are calibrated location used to align the various elements in 3D space. A significant part of why the game is set up this way is to support 3D rendering, including VR. In order to keep the mouse aligned in 3D space with the various menu elements, it uses a fixed field range out in front of the pilot's viewpoint. And the menus/consoles are aligned to match. One exception to this is the message log, where it can be placed farther off to the left side for widescreen displays and the mouse will jump to the control buttons when it is moved out of its 3D viewpoint range.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
blacky75
Ensign
Ensign

Post by blacky75 »

@marvin: you're right, I'm not always reading everything, my bad ^^

@vice: thnx for your complete and understandable answer :-) :-)

...ok, working back into deep space, have a good evening both of you :)

cheers
Delta99
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Delta99 »

So with information here can I actually change the 3D positioning of some of the displays and such?
From post: 185660, Topic: tid=12462, author=Marvin wrote::cool: If it is, it should be listed in the Customizing Kit's Readme file: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegac ... readme.htm
[Edited on 2-20-2016 by Delta99]

[Edited on 2-20-2016 by Marvin]