SOUND MODIFICATIONS, please help?

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
tomparis95
Ensign
Ensign

Post by tomparis95 »

Long time flight simmer, just recently started space flight sim which I am enjoying far more. Recently chosen Evochron Mercenary over many others, and it is amazing , can't stop playing it! Now, I downloaded the custom kit, with the hope of customizing a few sounds. The readme file instructions for the sound section, simply said to add a /sound directory to the main game folder which I did, and use the following filenames "warp.wav, missile.wav" etc. I assume the sound files need to be in .wav format? I found the sounds I wanted to replace the default with, so I converted them to .wav from mp3, and renamed them as they are in the readme , warp.wav etc. However when I opened the game, these sounds had not taken effect and I was stuck with the old ones. I'm a still a noob to this, but can someone help me with these mods? Cheers guys! :)
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

if you upload your custom files somewhere and post a link,
we can check for the problem.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Make sure you place the \\sounds folder in the correct location (the game's install folder, not the save data folder, if different). And also make sure it is named 'sounds' and not 'sound' as you typed above.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations