Great!

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Cargo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Great!

Post by Cargo »

My chat box is now moved over and up so far it cuts off all but the longest of messages. It was fine while playing today before I updated.
I do have the text color changed, if that helps.

[Edited on 1-18-2013 by Cargo]

---
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Great!

Post by Marvin »

:o Looks like you need the chattext.dat file.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Great!

Post by Vice »

Moved to mods. You'll need to update the chattext file and other secondary text mod settings for the new options, the old format has been changed with this update. Here are the details on the new options:

The color of chat/message text is blue by default. You can change this by using a text file named chattext.dat to make it stand out more in contrast to the white system message text. You can also change the location of the text chat/message log. It is recommended that you do not change the pixel offset values or the Y position value, unless other mods you have need special adjustments. If you move the message log to the left using negative values for the X position, the mouse pointer will automatically toggle to the control buttons and slider on the left side of the log when you move the pointer to the left edge of the screen. Then when you move it away from the control buttons and slider, it will return to the main central area of the screen.

chattext.dat = 1st value sets the red color (0-255, default 200)
2nd value sets the green color (0-255, default 200)
3rd value sets the blue color (0-255, default 200)
4th value sets the X pixel offset (usually leave at 20)
5th value sets the Y pixel offset (usually leave at 50)
6th value sets the X position (ie -7.5 for widescreen displays)
7th value sets the Y position (usually leave at 0)

Then if you have problems with other secondary displayed text, you can post your files in this thread and I can review them to suggest new values.

[Edited on 1-18-2013 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Cargo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Great!

Post by Cargo »

Got one already.
Values:

---
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Great!

Post by Vice »

A -155 pixel offset will put much of it entirely off the surface. It's best to keep X at 20 and Y at 50, then adjust the new position offset values.
StarWraith 3D Games
Cargo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Great!

Post by Cargo »

I can't find notes on those two values in the readme I have in the customization kit, just:
The color of chat/message text is blue by default. You can change this by using a text file named chattext.dat to make it stand out more in contrast to the white system message text.chattext.dat = first value is red color (0-255, default 200) second is for green (0-255, default 200) third is for blue (0-255, default 200)

Is there a new CK I need to get?
Thanks Marvin and Vice

---
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Great!

Post by Vice »

Yes, the customizing kit has been updated and the information on the new chattext settings I posted above.
StarWraith 3D Games
PirxThePilot
Ensign
Ensign

Great!

Post by PirxThePilot »

A mod I use has chattext_high_sat.dat. Has that changed as well?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Great!

Post by Vice »

Maybe that's an optional file with the mod you can use? The only chattext option I know of in the game is chattext.dat.
StarWraith 3D Games
AlienBrood777
Ensign
Ensign

Great!

Post by AlienBrood777 »

Sorry, I need help with this, can anyone suggest values? Also do HUD mods need to be in the HUD directory specifically? The latest mod came in with "hud [Max cockpit V2.1]" as the directory name. Do I need to put those files in the HUD folder, or can I just delete the HUD directory?
I used the values from above:

1280x1024 is my monitor resolution. I can see the text once I hit enter, or anyone elses messages for that matter.

Thank you,
Brood
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Great!

Post by Vice »

The settings above were an example from an old file using the old value options. If you're using a 4:3 ratio display like that, you don't really need to use the file at all. Just delete it or rename it to something like chattext-bak.dat If you just want to use the file to apply a different text color, you can use settings like this (this would provide cyan text color):

StarWraith 3D Games
AlienBrood777
Ensign
Ensign

Great!

Post by AlienBrood777 »

see attachment

[file]722[/file]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlienBrood777
Ensign
Ensign

Great!

Post by AlienBrood777 »

Thanks! I renamed to .bak, and that solved my issue! Thank you.