No force feedback support?

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nubarus »

I was given a new HOTAS system by Logitech this weekend as part of a promotion thing during a fightsim event and I was wondering how it would opperate in EM.

Well, so far I have to say it's very poor, the force feedback doesn't kick in unless you get hit so you have a very floppy control stick and when you get hit it's throwing the stick all over the place.

Is there no force feedback support in EM?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Try a few planetside contracts. Then, after your trigger falls off from the vibration, try to figure out how to disable force feedback.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nubarus »

Without force feedback the stick is too floppy to use, without the resistance the force feedback gives the stick moves around waaaaaaaay too easy, so I guess no more EM for me then.

Can't be bothered to flip flop around with 2 sticks just because of one game.
Not enough room on my desk for one and I don't feel like going back to a normal stick anyway, the force feedback is way too nice of a feature to pass on.

Freespace 2 and naturally Wing Commander Saga support force feedback so that will be my alternative.

It's pretty obvious that EM has no real force feedback support as you mentioned that flying planetside destroys your equipment...............:o
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Which ffenable mode are you using? At a minimum, you can try the attached file to disable the force feedback and leave auto-centering on. The expansion will provide adjustable response levels, so that may be something to try once it's available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o It doesn't really destroy anything. I use a Saitek Rumble Force with the game and get good, clean feedback ... and no floppy stick at any time. Depending on your OS, you might need to set the FF option in the basic Game Controller settings. But be careful what you wish for. Some of the cannons, used by pilots and AI alike, can really knock you around ... and that impact is imparted to the joystick.
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

Come on, don't quit this great game that is EM pretending it's a flightstick issue because the Vonari are too tough on you :P ;) !
Débutant francophone perdu dans l\'Evoverse et besoin d\'aide ?
>> Sujet sur RpgFrance > Sujet sur CanardPC <<
MiaZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by MiaZ »

The old joystick I used to use with this game had driver that gave FFB options/settings for separate control for "active feedback".. hit effects etc and auto-centering for centering with strength settings for each.

I used to have only centering on and all other effects off.
Worked fine for me with no need to turn off ffb with a ffenable.txt file.

Wondering what kind of ffb joystick you have and I am surprised that it does not have these options?