X-52 Pro Blue screen crash

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Solo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Solo »

So for my birthday my better half gave me a X-52 Pro (I'm a lucky guy) It's been great so far but I've been having a wierd problem, it will work just fine for up to an hour but no matter what it will go dead and then blue screen crash me. If there is any advice or tips you guys might have to help me out I'd really appreciate it as I can't wait to get back on SP6 and fly with you guys again.
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Post by Sinbad »

Hi Solo,

I have the exact same problem. I've worked out that it's the SST programming software that causes the problem. I can run the game without any problems if I use the stick without the SST (configure the controls in-game). As soon as I load the profiler it causes BSOD crash. I'm still looking into it... tried downloading the latest software from the website and same results. Are you using Windows 7?

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
Lazarus
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lazarus »

You could try using different usb ports on your computer. The X-52 isn't very friendly with 3.0 usb ports. Also, you could try disconnecting and reconnecting the ps2 cord on only the throttle to see if that resets it and stops the problem.

Since you got this from your better half, it would be a real shame to not enjoy your new gift. You could always contact their tech support phone line. I have called them before, and they were pretty quick and helpful.
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

X-52 pro has known issues with win 7 x64 and newer processors running over 3ghz

use usb 2.0 ports if avail (usb 3.0 is too fast)
and set "saitek direct output" in services to delayed start
anti virus may be messing with you, try with it off or add an exeption.
the lights on the stick draw alot of power from your usb port,
some motherboards may overheat and crash. try dimming the lights to a minimum.

this wont cure the garbled text in the lcd display but should make the stick functional.

ps, saitek has been aware of the problem for over a year or more and still offers no fix.

[Edited on 8-29-2012 by capt_cronic]
Solo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Solo »

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I'm running Windows 7 by the way. I'll try the tips when I get home tonight and let you know how it works out for me. One more question though, if I don't load a profile can I still use the clutch button and pinkie as in game buttons or will I just lose them?
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

in controller properties (wndows), you can enable/disable the clutch mode, with or without the profiler.

I have clutch dissabled and assigned pinky to CM
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Post by Sinbad »

Yes, in-game you can still assign keys to the clutch (if disabled as Capt Cronic says) and pinkie like normal buttons.

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan