At first Runtime Error 506, now Game Crashes

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Burian
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Burian »

Hello!

Yesterday I bought Evo Merc via Steam.
After installing it, i tried to play Singleplayer / Multiplayer, but the maps wouldn't even load - alsways the Runtime Error 506.
I made sure, that I have enough memory, no other programs in the background and everything on low detail - but it wouldn't work.
On the Forums i think, someone wrote to simply restart the System.

Well.... that seemed to fix the problem. I could launch a Singleplayer Game.
After accepting the first mining mission and destroying the first few asteroids, the game simply minimizes - when I maximize it again, the game "stops working" and closes.

All in all I can't play and hope for help.

As I am not familiar with pc technology, I can only write down what the sticker in the laptop says:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2630QM, 2.0GHz
Memory: 8GB

Thanks in advance,

Burian
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

We'll probably need to figure out why the game is minimizing when you're destroying asteroids first. What input procedure are you using to destroy the asteroids (the key and/or button controls)? The game should be able to minimize and maximize anyway, unless you're running in a non-standard screen mode. Make sure the screen mode is set to 'Optimized (WM)' in the Options menu. Also check to see if some other program is running in the background that is responding to your key input when destroying asteroids, then interfering with the game. Then if you'd like me to review your system for possible problems, follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations