Multiplayer freezes before start of the loading *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Agred
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Agred »

Hello, new one here.
I just recently bought EM via Steam. Great game. Downloaded some graphic mods and played a while in single, but I'm pretty much sure it'll be more fun online.
And here's the problem. Everytime when I try to connect to any available server game freezes. I print screened it and here's how it looks like:

Sorry if a problem like this already was posted somewhere on forum. If it was, please just give me link to it.
Thanks in advance.

[Edited on 7-29-2012 by thetiebers]

[Edited on 8-10-2012 by Vice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

This could be caused by a security program interrupting the game when it tries to connect to a server, stopping it entirely. It might also be caused by some kind of network device configuration problem (ie displaced needed network device). If you'd like me to review your configuration for possible causes, follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Agred
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Agred »

I've written to you. I also tried to port forward with PFConfig but it couldn't update my router. I also tried do it manually but it didn't work (maybe I did something wrong).
EN4CER
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EN4CER »

I have the exact same problem. It's because very little to no performance tuning was done on the mod you installed for better graphics. Hold down SHIFT+F12 (if you're in steam it takes a screenshot as well, ignore it) and that should make everything brighter. After doing that you can load very quickly. Please note that you can hit SHIFT+F12 to re-enable at any time. So just diable, enter, enable, and go. Also something that I recommend playing with is the darkness setting for that mod. There's a nice little tutorial for some good defaults on the modpack thread. Also note that if you literally sit there for about 6 minutes it will eventually load!!! I do have extremely beefy hardware so your load time may vary but it IS working. You can even see as much in the task manager's performance monitor.

Have fun!
EN4CER
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EN4CER »

I forgot to mention that I also get a Crash to Desktop every single time I launch multiplayer through the Steam Launcher. That's after loading the game though which is further than you're getting. It was having trouble locating and loading a '3d object'. This only happened after applying all of the mods which I assume you've done as well. If so then you may want to create a desktop shortcut that bypasses the steam launcher and set compatibility modes (Always run as administrator being the most important).

And yes, multiplayer is much more fun.
Agred
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Agred »

Thank you @EN4CER. It has worked O_O I have no clue how but I got in the multiplayer game. Thanks for help ;)
Crossfire
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crossfire »

I was having this issue as well... Shift-F12 allowed me load into my private server. Thanks for posting this solution!
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

The Accidental Survivors Podcast
Geeks, Games and Beer
http://www.accidentalsurvivors.com