[EM 1.828] Runtime Error 1002/1003

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
JDude151
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JDude151 »

Ok, so I just got Evochron Mercenary thanks to the latest Steam sales. Installed it, tried it out.

Game works fine up until I try to go into the Training or Single Player modes. It gets up to 82%, and then crashes with 'Runtime Error 1003: Could not load bitmap at Line 66224'.

Tried a bunch of the things in the stickied topic, no dice.
Tried a few other things I saw on the forums, no dice there either.

The only thing that didn't give me that error was when I lowered all the graphics options. At that point it got to 90% or so, the graphics on the screen went flat, and then it crashed with 'Runtime Error 1002: Bitmap does not exist at line 62246'.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that the problem might be my integrated graphics card (Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family)? I've had problems with other games because of that before.

Running Windows XP Professional SP3, 3 GB of RAM with 1.52 GB of available physical memory.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yes, this game doesn't technically support integrated display systems due to their inherent limitations. It's why a dedicated 3D video card is listed as a minimum requirement. That said though, it may be possible to at least get it to run if your setup allows for flexible memory selection (an option to set the amount of system memory used as video memory) and I would also suggest updating the display driver to test with, if you're not already running the latest. Also try changing the screen mode to 'Locked (FS)' and try difference resolutions.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
JDude151
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JDude151 »

Bah, that's what I thought. I never know what it can or can't run with, sometimes it works with things that it shouldn't be able to, and other times it doesn't work with things it should.

Thanks anyway.