Logitech G940 setup.

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Hippy Druid
Ensign
Ensign

Logitech G940 setup.

Post by Hippy Druid »

Hi,

I picked up the game in the recent Steam sale and for what I've seen and played so far I'm impressed.

I have been able to configure all the Axes on my Logitech G940 - Joystick, Throttle and Rudder pedals.
I even use PPJoy/Glovepie script to reduce jittering in the pedals and the game even recognises it. Good stuff.

The silver hat switch on the Joystick is fine, and the axes are assignable.
However. I am unable to assign the Grey POV switch on the Joystick, also the Grey and Silver POV switches on the Throttle aren't available as assignable controls either.
These aren't axes as such but normal button/switches.

I would really like to be able to utilise all the buttons on my setup and any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Hippy.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Logitech G940 setup.

Post by Vice »

Quite an advanced setup you have there :)

Do those controls return any button signal values in the configure controls > configure key/button controls menu? If not, do they respond when you switch devices using the left and right arrow keys at the top of the menu?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Hippy Druid
Ensign
Ensign

Logitech G940 setup.

Post by Hippy Druid »

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's a pretty good setup, very handy for games with lots of controls. eg Cliffs of Dover, Rise of Flight, DCS etc.

All of the G940's axes respond in the joystick control menu. The rotaries on the throttle, the silver hat on the actual joystick and the pedal rotation and toe brakes. You can see the movement translated to the sliders on the screen. I just switch to the different devices in game and select the appropriate axis.

The switches and the buttons on the throttle don't work at all in the configure key/button controls menu. Even switching through the different ID's they simply don't show up in game. All the joystick buttons are reported with no problems.

I guess it really doesn't matter too much, the profiler software does allow me to assign keyboard commands to all the button functions. It's just a pile crap, and often causes serious issues with games. Alt tabbing for instance sometimes causes CTD's and all sorts of wierd stuff. I was just hoping to avoid using it at all costs.

Is there a key bindings ini file or something I might be able to edit with notepad? Changing things that way may work.

[Edited on 23-7-2012 by Hippy Druid]

[Edited on 23-7-2012 by Hippy Druid]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Logitech G940 setup.

Post by Vice »

There is, but if the game doesn't display any button value for them, editing the file won't likely help. The game supports up to 32 buttons per device, so perhaps those inputs are using higher button ID's than that?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations