Game Crashes before even opening

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
mobiusone_eve
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mobiusone_eve »

Im having a wierd issue where the game tries to load then crashes, meaning it looks like a windows expands then it disappears. Im using i7 2.2 ghz with 6750HD ATi graphics xard. I already tried the fix with using higher ram that didnt work, and i cannot tryto fix the v sync as i have no option to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

I am running windows 7 how Premium.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Assuming 'Game' = Evochron Mercenary:

- Try launching the game directly from the install folder to test for changes.
- Try the replacement sw.cfg file posted in this thread: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9328
- Update your display drivers.
- If the problem persists, follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
mobiusone_eve
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mobiusone_eve »

I have a problem running the game and the suggestions here haven't fixed it. What can I do?
- If you haven't been able to find a solution to a particular problem, you can complete the following steps to forward your system specifications/details in an e-mail so further assistance may be possible.
- Click on Start, Run, then type in MSINFO32 and press enter.
- Then click on the File option at the top and click on Save.
- Save the NFO file, ZIP it to compress the size of the file.
- Locate the save game file you are currently using (default is pilot0.sw in the c:\\sw3dg\\EvochronMercenary folder).
- Attach both files to an e-mail, send them to me and include a detailed description of the problem.
if you want me to do this, the game has never loaded, therefore there is no save to send you, the drivers are up to date.
there is no way i can update them actually as it is Bootcamp :) mac has to do that.
The first option didnt work for me i downloaded the file, then have no idea where to put it.
mobiusone_eve
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mobiusone_eve »

[COMMON]
PathToEXE=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\evochron mercenary\\CrashOn_07_21_12.txt
[CEXE]
m_dwRuntimeErrorDWORD=Internal Code:0
m_dwRuntimeErrorLineDWORD=66413
try that
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yes, you can ignore the save game part since there isn't one, just the msinfo report. I suspect the file won't be of much help, but it would go in the save data folder, which by default is c:\\sw3dg\\EvochronMercenary You can read more about the save game/setting folder structure here: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3433

If that folder isn't there, then the game isn't even getting far enough along to activate its display setup and default configuration. So the msinfo report would be the next step.
StarWraith 3D Games
mobiusone_eve
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mobiusone_eve »

There isnt a save folder, i purchased through steam. However i would like to play this game i hope it is just a EMU windows error like i had with skyrim.
I promise i dont like striking out on this as much as you dont.

[Edited on 7-22-2012 by mobiusone_eve]
mobiusone_eve
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mobiusone_eve »

The file is 1.1mb it wont let me upload it....
Compressed to 52 KB still wont let me upload

[Edited on 7-22-2012 by mobiusone_eve]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Simply send it via e-mail (to the address at starwraith.com > contact), no need to upload it to the forum.
StarWraith 3D Games