[EM] 1.828 Memory could not be read *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
rudibaci
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rudibaci »

Hi there,
I got the error:
The instruction at "0x05de18a7" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate program."
This happened when the game loads - I chose a training or Launch, the progress goes to 100% and after that I get this error message.
My PC specs should be ok I got a 2.4 GHz, 4gb ram, and ATI radeon video..ALready tried the workaround with the CFF explorer but no luck.
Can anybody please help ? Didn`t find a similar error on this forum or anywhere else..
Thanks a lot

[Edited on 7-19-2012 by Vice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That's not one that has been reported before as I can recall. Could be bad memory or an invalid install. Follow the steps here to have me review your configuration and include the reference ID you are using for your license to the game: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Capo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Capo »

I had a similiar occurance with Windows Explorer, but it was concerning disk access. I had some bad sectors. I'm just curious if you might have a few bad segments in your memory chip, or maybe some bad sectors on your HD. That's not common, but it does happen occasioinally.

But by all means, follow the steps Vice detailed and then if needed you can do a memory/disk diagnostic later.

[Edited on 7-16-2012 by Capo]
[ORG]Capo

The Organization will destroy any station (that can be destroyed) for a price. Reasonable rates. Confidentiality assured.
U2U me for info
rudibaci
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rudibaci »

Hi guys,
thanks for the quick reply. Vice, I just emailed you the files you asked. I don`t have the refernce ID for license as I want to try the game first (but cannot because of the error) before buying it.

Hope you`ll find out more with the info i sent. Thanks a lot..
rudibaci
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rudibaci »

Thanks for the suggestions by email. I tried to turn off NOD32 but got the error again, but I`ve added an exception to NOD as you advised and it now works. I could run the game with no problems now. Just had a few mins playing it and all went OK so far. I hope there won`t be any other problems .
Thanks for your brilliant and unbelievably quick support. Great stuff.:)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Great, glad that worked. That was likely all it was, but if you encounter any other problems, just reply as needed.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations