Runtime Error 2002 - Could not load animation at line 66434 *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Deceiver9811
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Deceiver9811 »

I've searched around on the forums for a solution, and found no one had the same error I had. I searched all the posts that had similar problems, and none of the solutions they provided worked. I have the .exe as an exception in my Anti-Virus program, and the program is in "game mode", I have also checked to make sure that I had adequate memory, which I do, and set the .exe to run as administrator as well as in multiple compatibility modes. Each time I was met with the same error while trying to load into the game.

As of right now, I've yet to even get into the game as this error continues without fail.

[Edited on 8-10-2012 by Vice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Please follow the guidelines here when posting in this forum (particularly the name of the game you are referring to): http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4651

Animation loading errors generally indicate your system is lacking a core Windows audio/video codec needed to play the intro video (namely WMV). One easy fix is to install a recent version of Windows Media Player, which can fix the problem automatically. In the meantime, if you are referring to Evochron Mercenary, you can disable the intro video entirely by placing the attached file inside the game's install folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations