Game Crashes around 34% mark of loading *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
demeggy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by demeggy »

Evening all,

I was enjoying a good whirl on Evochorn this afternoon, disappeared to do the cooking, came back this eve and loading it up, was hit by the "loading graphic object" error.

Restart my machine, the error vanished, but it was replaced by an equally annoying Crash to desktop at the 34% mark.
I've tried the CFF explorer solution, closing all unnecessary applications in the background and run the Memory test, which passed successfully.

I even managed to get in and lower the graphics settings to low for everything, but still, crashes.

It was running on max settings earlier, and I've done absolutely nothing to change it.

Any suggestions? (Win XP SP3, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8800 GT)

D

[Edited on 7-3-2012 by Vice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Might have been a security program on the system interfering with the game files at some point, possibly even corrupting one or more. Try this first:

- Launch the game, select a profile, enter the main menu. Immediately exit the game from the main menu. This triggers the game's automatic cleanup routine, which may help clear out any corrupted files left behind from an interference crash. Then launch and test the game again.

- If it continues, e-mail me (to the address at starwraith.com > contact) the reference ID you are using for your license to the game and include a msinfo report on the system: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
demeggy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by demeggy »

From post: 138963, Topic: tid=9454, author=Vice wrote: Might have been a security program on the system interfering with the game files at some point, possibly even corrupting one or more. Try this first:

- Launch the game, select a profile, enter the main menu. Immediately exit the game from the main menu. This triggers the game's automatic cleanup routine, which may help clear out any corrupted files left behind from an interference crash. Then launch and test the game again.

- If it continues, e-mail me (to the address at starwraith.com > contact) the reference ID you are using for your license to the game and include a msinfo report on the system: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
That worked an absolute treat, bundle thanks. I'll be purchasing this on payday for sure ;)

Keep it up