Microsoft Sodewinder 2 and XP64

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Killamajig
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killamajig »

Hey all,

I have a MS Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick and I want to buy and play the new Evochron and Arvoch Alliance games. Thing is, in the demo versions of both games, the joystick does not seem to move any of the sliders in the calibration screens or have any effect on input. If I enable the POV hat that works.

In Windows control panel the joystick operates fine, just not in either game. I have no issues at all with this stick on any other game. OS is XP Pro 64 with service pack 2.

Any ideas?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yes, you may have more than one game control device plugged in. Use the left and right arrow buttons at the top of the Configure Controls menu to switch between different control devices to find the one that returns input reponse from the Sidewinder. Once located, map the controls as desired. The games support up to 10 simultaneous control devices for axis and button inputs.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Killamajig, welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Vesper
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Vesper »

I use a MS Sidewinder FF 2 with all of the Evochron games and it works great. I can map all of the buttons and the rotational axis.

Note: I'm not using Xp64, but Win 7 64.

[Edited on 7-22-2012 by Vesper]