Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by KingArthur »

Thanks Letoras. I Found the Files, Made Some Changes, and For Some Reason it Interferes with My SERVER LOGIN! lool. Ty to Figure THAT ONE OUT! lmao.
\"HONOR AND INTEGRITY ALWAYS\"
ijon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by ijon »

humans, human brain eaters, creatures,

since this mod is still getting downloaded, let me inform you about a database and website move:

from july 26th/27th one database is moving. not entirely sure yet whether this will affect the downloads. one never knows.

from july, 31., 10:00 PM - till august, 1st, my site will be down till ~7:30 AM. downloads will not work. times are CET.
---
i still can't work properly and got no nerf to fullfill what was promised, atm.
sorry, guys.

happy hunting,
rivoch deconstructions

[Edited on 7-16-2012 by ijon]
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Letoras »

Hello there.
Some update on the Perch Leto mod.

a. New "look" on the metal bars of the cockpit.
image credits

b. 90 degrees inticator on the pitch ladder (by request).

c. Changed the weapon and inertia-ids indicators ( this has been upadated to the older version also).

So...... Perch_Leto_mod_v3

Hope you like it.

p.s. needs alittle more red i think...

[Edited on 28-7-2012 by Letoras]
Surf Solar.
Stardog765
Ensign
Ensign

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Stardog765 »

This is a fantastic cockpit mod and the only one I use now!
Thank you so much for the hard work.
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Letoras »

Hello there evo pilots!
Another darker version of perch cockpit, so little free time and too much to learn in texturing, i hope you like it!!!

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

edit. there are several bugs (painting stuff), will try to fix them as soon as possible, thank you amigos.

[Edited on 29-9-2012 by Letoras]

[Edited on 29-9-2012 by Letoras]
Surf Solar.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Viper »

Hey Ijon and Leto,

I'd just like to thank you guys for putting in so much effort into this project. The results so far are really impressive, I absolutely love the cockpit you guys came up with. The whole thing is well designed and thought through, and even the color scheme just 'fits'. I think it's a really nice piece of work and I can't wait to see any other versions.

Keep it up!

~ Viper.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Letoras »

From post: 146048, Topic: tid=9243, author=Viper wrote:Hey Ijon and Leto,

I'd just like to thank you guys for putting in so much effort into this project. The results so far are really impressive, I absolutely love the cockpit you guys came up with. The whole thing is well designed and thought through, and even the color scheme just 'fits'. I think it's a really nice piece of work and I can't wait to see any other versions.

Keep it up!

~ Viper.
Thank you very much Viper!!!! The love for the game, the ability to mod it (thank you Vice) and the feedback (as yours) really gives boost to keep it up and try more.

Hope to learn modelling at some point (now i only texture perch. Concept, modelling and first version of perch credits goes to ljon).
Surf Solar.
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by KingArthur »

Letoras. I LOVE Your PERCH COCKPIT. I Just Found your "Perch_Leto_mod_v4" and Created My "KING ARTHURS CHAROIT" From It (Pics Posted on "KING ARTHURS PERCHS" Thread, this Forum).

I Forgot HOW MUCH I Enjoyed MODDING Your Designs!

Thanks for All the WORK and IMAGINATION.
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Letoras »

From post: 146089, Topic: tid=9243, author=KingArthur wrote:Letoras. I LOVE Your PERCH COCKPIT. I Just Found your "Perch_Leto_mod_v4" and Created My "KING ARTHURS CHAROIT" From It (Pics Posted on "KING ARTHURS PERCHS" Thread, this Forum).

I Forgot HOW MUCH I Enjoyed MODDING Your Designs!

Thanks for All the WORK and IMAGINATION.
Hail King Arthur. I have to tell you that i keep your creations on perch real close, i explore and research modding like you so sharing and taking back ideas for perch (you make so many perchs in such a little time) is the best thing we can have on our hands amigo.
Ofcorse credits must go to our fella ljon for the 1st step (where is this creature after all, i haven't seen him some time now).

p.s. My mission that you gave me is on final stages......
Surf Solar.
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by KingArthur »

Thanks AMIGO. Can't Wait for Our "MISSION" to Be Completed. Just Created a New PERCH. It's a BRAND NEW SHIP COCKPIT. Just Like the Ship Just Rolled Off the Assembly Line.

Pics Posted in the "KING ARTHURS PERCHS" Thread in MODS.
ijon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by ijon »

o/

creature alive -stop- rl needs focus - stop- back soon -stop-
i have concepts for you -stop-! still no templates
-ok, 'ill stop-

and thx for the latest comments (:
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by KingArthur »

Great To See You Alive and Kicking ijon. Can't Wait for the New Concepts.
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Letoras »

From post: 146873, Topic: tid=9243, author=KingArthur wrote:Great To See You Alive and Kicking ijon. Can't Wait for the New Concepts.
+1 on that!!!!
Welcome back ljon!!
Surf Solar.
Kolya
Ensign
Ensign

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Kolya »

I have a problem with this mod: The compass hud panel as well as the hudtape are tinted violet instead of how they look in the screenshots and video. This is really weird because the textures are good when looked at in an image viewer.

I've tried all kinds of things:
- removed all other mods and loaded a training mission and save game
- removed every violet looking texture from the mod
- removed/replaced ccpitlights.X, ccpitshader.txt
- resaved hudtape.png with full RGB mode instead of indexed colour table
- I'm using Perch_Leto_mod_v4 but tried v3 as well

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but any help with this would be appreciated.
Oh yeah, since I'm doing it anyway, the gunshots and mining laser appear slightly off from the muzzles left and right of the cockpit. This is negligible though.

[Edited on 2-12-2013 by Kolya]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Marvin »

Some of the changes might be due to the fact the Perch was built for the original version of EM ... not the expansion. I suggest you download the Customizing Kit, peruse the ReadMe which comes with the Kit, then check out the HUD section inside the Kit. It might help you troubleshoot your color problems. The Kit can be found here:

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... nloads.htm
Kolya
Ensign
Ensign

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Kolya »

I found out the colours were set in the game Options->HUD configuration. It had nothing to do with this mod.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Marvin »

There is a default option where the game displays the original colors. Assuming you're using the correct format ... probably .PNG (IIRC) and not jpeg.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I think that if you go to the options in the main menu you will find a menu to adjust the coloring of the hud, resetting it to default will probably put the colors back to where you might want them.

I fly a hybrid of the Perch and Silicum mods that I cobbled together using the various files. I forget exactly how I made the Perch work for v2.x. I think I did have to rename some of the textures to .PNG from .jpeg.

On a side not about the Perch - with the increased FOV added to v2.x, there's a 'hole' in the pilot's seat (namely the center of the seat is missing). I would borrow a texture from one of the other Perch mod spinoffs that have been made but I'm not sure how to 'lift' that particular section and place it with the original texture file.

If there are any pilots who were involved in the making of this awesome mod still around, would they be willing to make a v2.x version with the missing texture added?
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Marvin »

From post: 165622, Topic: tid=9243, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:... there's a 'hole' in the pilot's seat ....
:cool: When you get to be my age, that can be an advantage ... especially on long trips.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Rubber Chicken »

From post: 165625, Topic: tid=9243, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 165622, Topic: tid=9243, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:... there's a 'hole' in the pilot's seat ....
:cool: When you get to be my age, that can be an advantage ... especially on long trips.

:o
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by DaveK »

From post: 165625, Topic: tid=9243, author=Marvin wrote:
so true . . . :P

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Kolya
Ensign
Ensign

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Kolya »

From post: 165622, Topic: tid=9243, author=Rubber Chicken wrote: On a side not about the Perch - with the increased FOV added to v2.x, there's a 'hole' in the pilot's seat (namely the center of the seat is missing). [...]

If there are any pilots who were involved in the making of this awesome mod still around, would they be willing to make a v2.x version with the missing texture added?
There's the hole in the seat and as mentioned laser shots and mining beam don't come out of the barrels anymore but are somewhat offset.
So yeah, an update would be awesome. :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Vice »

The next update for the game will include some minor changes to the mod placement options for the 3D radar sphere and target object indicator. During testing, I discovered some of the cockpit mods needed to be updated for some adjusted values for best placement of these indicators within their displays. I also discovered the tested mods were also old enough to lack placement values for shadow structures. So I'm providing values for the gauges.txt file in advance so you can update certain mods for these new values when the time comes. Other mods may need similar adjustments if they change the 3D radar sphere and/or target object indicator.

Here are updated gauges.txt values for this Perch cockpit mod:

StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Keitarooo
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Keitarooo »

Mod is running fine with EM 2.x and these new values.

I see a minor bug though : the beam is not in the same axis as the modeled canon.

Any ideas how to fix this would be appreciated :)

Here is a picture :

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Perch_Leto_mod_v4

Post by Marvin »

That would be the offset for the starboard gun. Which way is the beam offset on the port side?