Evochron Mercenary stuck in windowed mode

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Alice
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alice »

All went well the first time I ran the game, everything worked fine, and I was able to complete the tutorials. However, after I started the game up again, it is stuck in windowed mode. No matter what setting I change in the options, it hasn't changed. I even deleted and redownloaded the game entirely but that didn't help anything either.

[Edited on 4-26-2012 by Alice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Which game are you referring to? What version? What are your system specs? Did you change any settings in the Options menu? What resolution are you playing at and is it the same as your desktop resolution?

For easier searching by others and to provide information in the process of assisting you, please always follow the posting guidelines for this forum when requesting technical support.

[Edited on 4-26-2012 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Alice
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alice »

Evochron Mercenary, latest steam version,

e6300 core 2 Duo
3gb ram,
Windows 7 32bit
Nvidia GTS 250

I changed nothing until after it messed up, and then tried changing settings to fix it but none had any effect. For added detail, it also appears off centre on startup(about half of the screen is missing).
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Check the install folder and the save data folder for any file that starts with the word 'screen', if one is there, let me know. If not, locate the sw.cfg file in the save data folder (default is c:\\sw3dg\\EvochronMercenary) and rename it to something like sw-old.cfg, then relaunch and test the game. If the behavior continues, then I may be able to help further if you complete the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
Alice
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alice »

Alright, renaming the cfg did the trick. Back to proper fullscreen and I can try it out properly this time. Thanks. :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Great, glad that's all that was needed to fix it.
StarWraith 3D Games