New Server Issues

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
DocH
Ensign
Ensign

New Server Issues

Post by DocH »

I recently got EM through steam along with a few of my friends and I'm setting up a server on my dedicated server machine. I've run into a few issues:

1. My server doesn't have a monitor, keyboard, or mouse attached. Instead I connect via remote desktop. Everything works fine until I minimize or close the remote desktop machine, then the server crashes. This happens with the 2d and 3d version of the server.

2. My goal is to be able to play from both my desktop at home and my laptop. Is it possible to save player profiles on the server so I can play the same character on both?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Issues

Post by Vice »

1 - RDP toggling may not be compatible with one or both server programs. VNC has generally worked though.

2 - Not on the server, but you can transfer/copy the pilot profiles from one computer to the other: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3433
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New Server Issues

Post by Janus »

I use RAdmin. Yeah, the server application does cost $49. But that's better than the $749 that TeamViewer wants. And RAdmin actually works better. Plus TV stopped working after a while with the non-commercial license.

With mine, running RAdmin, it runs and is ready for logins whether I'm logged into the local console or not.

Might want to invest in a cheap keyboard, mouse and monitor. The monitor doesn't have to be anyting fancy. You're not, or at least shouldn't, be playing from the actual host.

Janus
ADMIN Starport 6
DocH
Ensign
Ensign

New Server Issues

Post by DocH »

I've got the equipment, its just not convenient to have them hooked up to it wher eth eserver is located
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

New Server Issues

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi DocH, Welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
And thanks for setting up another Server!....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good