sound repeating problem.

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Exile
Ensign
Ensign

sound repeating problem.

Post by Exile »

A friend of mine is having issues with his sound.

The "incoming missile" sound loops until he quits the game.

Any known reasons?

I'll ask for his specs and post them here.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

sound repeating problem.

Post by Vice »

I just had someone report the same kind of thing, using an Omega Striker HT sound card. Maybe it's the same person? We're looking into it now to determine what might be the cause. So far, it's trending in the direction of a flawed device or driver. Have your friend contact me directly at the address at starwraith.com > contact and have them follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

sound repeating problem.

Post by Vice »

As an update to this, removing the sound card and using the onboard audio solved the problem for the player. We both agree that there may be some functionality issues with this specific sound card on Windows Vista/7, while it might run fine on XP. The problem may be something that is fixed in the future by a driver update from the manufacturer, but there also seems to be other reported issues with the card on Windows 7 in other games and applications (problems including crackling, stuttering, hissing, and system stability problems). The page on their site to watch for any potential updates is here: http://www.htomega.com/downloads.html
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Exile
Ensign
Ensign

sound repeating problem.

Post by Exile »

Thanks vice!

That actually was my friend.

I was communicating with him on our clan forum (we play competitive BF3 and other games) and so he told me he was having issues registering to the forum (something to do with the capcha ) so I said I'd ask for him.

I'm glad you two got into contact with each other though, and that the issue was temporarily solved.

Thanks again vice, for your stalwart support of your community and amazing transparency with regards to your project.

If only more developers were like you, the world of gaming would be very very different.