'Technical' problem with cockpit rear.

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

Post by minus_273c »

Not sure if this belongs here or in mods, but it is a 'problem' with the existing version of EM, so I've put it here.

I'm playing on a 3x1 (8046x1600) screen configuration, with a FOV 0f 4.5. When I look hard left or hard right I see the end of the cockpit model. It's not serious, as it's only rarely I look that far, but it would be nice if the new cockpit model had a rear wall.

Thanks,

CJ
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

If you are using a modded cockpit, it's the mod. I was using Viper's cockpit mod that was based off of Maxmillien's cp mod and noticed the same thing. My res is 1366x768.

It's a sweet mod, but I noticed for some reason it was affecting my ship's agility. Probably had something to do with processing power for my machine or something.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

Post by minus_273c »

Nope, it's the standard cockpit. At the moment I'm running vanilla EM.

CJ
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The cockpit is being changed entirely for the expansion, which might also need some testing if ratios and resolutions that wide are to be used. In the meantime, a mod might be needed to fill in new structures. I'd be curious to see a screenshot of what you're seeing. It's possible the back of the cockpit is getting clipped due to proximity and/or a gap between the back and the side. For testing, a copy of the cockpit is including in MQO and X format with the customizing kit.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
TJJ
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by TJJ »

From post: 134913, Topic: tid=9192, author=minus_273c wrote: Not sure if this belongs here or in mods, but it is a 'problem' with the existing version of EM, so I've put it here.

I'm playing on a 3x1 (8046x1600) screen configuration, with a FOV 0f 4.5. When I look hard left or hard right I see the end of the cockpit model. It's not serious, as it's only rarely I look that far, but it would be nice if the new cockpit model had a rear wall.

Thanks,

CJ
Out of interest, how do you cope with the mouse sensitivity being all screwed up* when using the FOV setting? (line 17) sw.cfg

*By screwed up, I mean the horizontal & vertical sensitivities are no-longer 1:1.
minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

Post by minus_273c »

As requested -

[file]568[/file]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ah ok, that's a clip. It should be possible to fix by moving the back structure out farther, how far would be a matter of testing on that setup. Do you have Metaseq or another modelling program compatible with the samples provided in the kit?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Err... sorry. I misunderstood. I didn't know what FOV was and that it was adjustable in this game...
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: FOV = Field of View.
minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

Post by minus_273c »

I have Milkshape, and can import the model. How would you like me to procede?
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

just extend the rear section of the cockpit model further back so it extends past your F.O.V.