Saitek X52 Pro set up help . . . . please!

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

I've just upgraded to an X52 Pro and have never "played" with profiling software before;

For EM

1: Is it possible to programme the two position main trigger from within the game options? - I can't see a way of independently allocating a key to the second level - I always end up with a silly combination like - first part of pull = fire primary weapon and then second part of pull = roll right or look down. :D

2: Can I mix the profile created with the profile programme with key allocations from the game or do I have to programme all the keys in the profile programme?

3: Why do some of the keys have different numbers in the game options and the profiling programme?

4: What can be done, if anything, to get some use from the MFD _ I would like to have, say, the system coordinates showing

I think I like the stick - time will tell

As you can tell, I'm a stick newbie! :D

Any help would be appreciated - does anyone have a profile that they are willing to share so that I can see what sort of things can be done? :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

1: Is it possible to programme the two position main trigger from within the game options? - I can't see a way of independently allocating a key to the second level - I always end up with a silly combination like - first part of pull = fire primary weapon and then second part of pull = roll right or look down.
Yes, hold the trigger at stage 1 -before- you click on the function you want to map the second stage to. Then after clicking on the function, go ahead and pull the trigger the rest of the way. You can map two separate functions to the single trigger that way. The game has an internal bypass routine that automatically skips an active key or button press and waits for one to change.
2: Can I mix the profile created with the profile programme with key allocations from the game or do I have to programme all the keys in the profile programme?
Results may vary depending on how you set things up. You can mix and match in many instances, but you'll need to be aware of any in-game mapped functions that may need to be cleared or changed to work with your custom profiling software configuration.
3: Why do some of the keys have different numbers in the game options and the profiling programme?
The game presents the numerical returns, which may vary from the proprietary values displayed in a controller's software program.
4: What can be done, if anything, to get some use from the MFD _ I would like to have, say, the system coordinates showing
That generally requires an external program to read the data from the game (using the savedatasettings.txt file option) and broadcast it to a desired device.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
soulsacrifice
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by soulsacrifice »

1. Yes, it's really easy to do. I'd recommend reading through the documentation and/or watching a youtube instruction video. The profiller software is really easy to use one you understand it, a bit confusing at first but you'll be making profiles in no time.

2. You can but I find it easier to have everything on the software (apart from the axis which is bound in-game). This way when you press a button, info on what the button does is shown on the mfd.

3. Not sure exactly what you're asking here. Can you be more specific?

4. Have a lookin this thread, you need an external program someone has made and if you read the last page there are a couple avaiable (made by R-T-B and mrt). You need 64 bit windows for both as far as I know.

Finally, if you check my profile thread (in sig) you can download my own profile. Even if it's not to your taste all the in game commands are there and you can move them around to the buttons you want them to easily once you know how to use the profiler program.

[Edited on 27-2-2012 by soulsacrifice]
Profile Share Thread (Links RE-fixed)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Thank you very very much gentlemen!

I can now spend time productively fine tuning and developing the stick rather than just finding out what is possible and what is not.

:)
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
Gnou
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gnou »

You can do a lot of thing with the SST (joy profiler). Even complex macro, timed key state... All :)
If you need anything let it know there.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Thank you Gnou - I'm slowly getting used to the stick - never had a twist stick before :D. I'm still working out what functions I need and where to put themof ease of access, but there are a few sliders and rotation controls that can't be programmed directly in EM, so I'm (gently) thinking about moving into the programming side!

I may very well take you up on your offer! :D
ImageImage
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Post by Sinbad »

I also found the SST software a bit confusing at first but once you work it out it's fairly easy. A couple of tips which took me a while to discover: 1. If you have a slider axis as a key press be careful not to leave the slider in a position which is continuously "pressing" it when not intending to use that function, as this will cause strange things to happen. 2. You can convert the "clutch" button to a usable button and assign key presses to it - just go to the joystick's control panel, click on mfd tab and look at bottom right for the clutch options, make sure they are both unchecked.

:cool:

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
Gnou
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gnou »

I will give my SST profile (ver.6) at everyone asking by U2U.
(dont have any webspace to share it)
It contains the slider point about MCCON spoken. His warning about continious key-press on axis is the classical error we all made at start ^^

[Edited on 3-24-2012 by Gnou]