15-20mins and loose connection....

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Bobofet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bobofet »

Hi all.
Just started my MP endevors about a week ago. Tried a few different servers and keep having the same issue. After what seems (I\'ve never timed it) about 15-20 mins I loose connection to the server and get the little save or dont save option pop up. It doesnt seem to effect the game in anyway, I just get kicked to main menu and I can simply log back in no problem.
I have read that people find an issue with connection when building or in hanger screen....I have currently been spending my cash on the thirdlegion server (it looked nice and new there) building a little trade outpost in the Talison Conflict zone (West of the white hole thing near the carrier there if anyone wants to visit) So I was thinking perhaps this was the issue...but now I notice it happening when trying to travel any great distance. So far I havent been disconnected while on a mission....but then I keep trying to do a particularly hard one and die fast:P
Anyone else finding this issue? Is it a common thing and only realy happens when building stations, traveling for ages or messing in the trade stations? Do you just not get this issue when currently on a mission...in middle of fight?
any light that can be shed would be great as I realy want to get into MP.

[Edited on 24-2-2012 by Bobofet]

[Edited on 24-2-2012 by Bobofet]
BvP
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BvP »

I was connected to the USA_NC server for about 5 or 6 hours last night with no disconnects. Mostly exploring & building a few trade stations.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: In my experience, it depends a lot on the server. Right now, one of the steadiest servers is USA-NC. I'm in Nevada and do co-op with guys from England and Italy.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The shipyard/hangar disconnect issue was fixed a while back. At this point, the best way to quickly determine where the problem might be is to immediately try to reconnect to the server you lost connection with. If you can't connect to it, then the server may have an issue. If you can reconnect to it, then the problem is likely on your end.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Bobofet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bobofet »

Thanks for the fast replys folks.
Could be my end I guess...cos I can reconnect, prolly somthing to do with router/isp etc

Will give the USA_NC server a go for a whiile see if it makes a diff
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Bobofet, welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

From post: 131843, Topic: tid=8996, author=Marvin wrote::cool: In my experience, it depends a lot on the server. Right now, one of the steadiest servers is USA-NC. I'm in Nevada and do co-op with guys from England and Italy.
My IP look up says it's in North Carolina?
General IP Information

IP:*.*.*.187
Decimal:*
Hostname:cpe-*-*-*-187.carolina.res.rr.com
ISP:Road Runner
Organization:Road Runner
Services:None detected
Type:Broadband
Assignment: Dynamic IP
Blacklist:
Geolocation Information
State/Region:North Carolina
City:Shelby
Area Code:704
Postal Code:*

[Edited on 2-26-2012 by thetiebers]

[Edited on 2-28-2012 by Vice]
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Archy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archy »

I have at least 2 players on my server with a similar problem. They periodically become disconnected.. but the game continues in single player mode.. and does not report the disconnection until they try to chat or build a station.
It seems that if they type something into chat regularly while still connected, it happens less often. Seems to act like it needs a "keep alive" or something...
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Maybe it is an inactivity setting on their computers. Just like the sleep mode of the computer! Some programs have inactivity settings that can trigger a disconnect from the internet. I would start checking the Internet activity settings!....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good