graphics/text placement issues

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
section9bateau
Ensign
Ensign

Post by section9bateau »

I just discovered this game via recommendation from a friend on steam and bought it. I have been sad to say it is unplayable at the moment, I tried both it installed via steam, and by installing via the download for 1828 from this site.

Attached is what I get for the main menu after login, just a snippet due to the file size limits, showing the blank buttons and the text above them. The text in the top left changes as I mouse over the buttons.

System is windows vista x64 ultimate, fully patched.
graphics cards are ATI Radeon HD 4650 (x2, I tried both with crossfire enabled and disabled, no difference).

Output of dxdiag is attached.

Interestingly I also get an error about being unable to save display size when tarting via steam, in red text, and the initial screen where I select what profile to load displays fine.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[file]551[/file]

[file]552[/file]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Not sure I can recall that issue before. I'd like to take a closer look at your system, please follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Section9bateau, well come to the forum and hopefully the game once you get it working!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The solution for this issue involved just placing a proper sw.cfg file in the save data folder (c:\\sw3dg\\EvochronMercenary), which I've attached to this post. For whatever reason(s), this user's system had an invalid version of the file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations