Problem: Throttle and Xbox 360 Controller

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
leonardmccoy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by leonardmccoy »

Is there a way to correctly map throttle to one of the axis of the Xbox 360 controller so that I can comfortably accelerate and decelerate?

The Xbox 360 controller has no axis with a default value of 0. That is to say, that if I map throttle (or energy control) to one of the axis I always am at 50 % throttle despite actively accelerating.

Is there a way around that?
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Leonardmccoy, welcome to the Game and Forum!....Hope to see you out there some time!....;):cool:

Unless the Controller has a Profile editor where you could assign different buttons to your controller I would guess not!....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
cybot
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cybot »

i tried using my Xbox360 controller for this game and ran into this issue also. unfourtunately. there is no joystick profiling software from microsoft availible for this controller. I understand there are third party profiling programs for the Xbox360 controller, but i have not tried them as they are not free and i have a serious lack of funds to spend on that sort of stuff. for that reason i am unable to recommend any of the third party programs availible for profiling the xbox360 controller. I just know they exist.

hope this helps
MDKAOD
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MDKAOD »

I would like to bring up another request for a work around to this that doesn't include using xpadder.

Something that could possibly work would be if I press L2/R2 more it will decrease the throttle faster but when I release the axis the throttle will lock at the value I've released the axis at. Similar to the way turning and pitch control work. Forgive me if I'm not clear in my explanation.

As leonardmccoy stated the problem for throttle being L2/R2 (or even right analog stick) throttle is always 50% unless I constantly hold the axis button down.

The same is true for energy, it's always a value of 0/0 where I should be able to assign it to an axis and tip the right analog stick to set where I desire the energy and release the stick to have that value locked, but instead it returns to 0/0. To maintain my value, I need to hold the stick. It's clunky.

If clarification is necessary, I can try to give better examples. Thanks.