Joystick Y-Axis as Throttle

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Bal Sofs Tihl
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bal Sofs Tihl »

I want to use two joysticks, the left one for thrust and the right one for attitude, with the left stick's y-axis moving the ship forward and backward. I've got two problems here.

First, when I set the y-axis to throttle, the stick's resting position is read as halfway to max. I would like the resting position to be zero.

Second, I do not know how to make it so that pulling the stick back pushes the ship backwards. Is this possible?

My left joystick is the Thrustmaster t.16000m. Has anyone done something similar to this?
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

This will not be possible unless both joysticks have their own seperate software profile editor so you can asign the commands for each seperate joystick and your system allows you to have 2 active joysticks at the same time. Also I think both joysticks will be conflicting and competing to be Device 1 or to be the primary joystick device. So there will be conflict issues I think....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Grei
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Grei »

Actually, these Thrustmaster joysticks are designed to support right and left 2-joystick control. I bought a pair recently for mech games, but I'm also looking at setting them up for Evochron.

Left joystick for movement (forward/aft, side-slide) and right for orientation (pitch, yaw, roll). Unfortunately my 5 minute stab at a quick configuration ended up being pretty useless.

If anyone's got any insight, it'd be appreciated--2 joystick control makes much more sense for space sims than the old joystick/throttle set up because of being able to slide and going vertical without changing orientation.

Grei
BvP
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BvP »

I don't know about using a joystick as a throttle (I think you would want to use profiling software and not assign that axis in-game), but using more than one USB controller works fine for me.

Make sure you select the appropriate controller when assigning axis and buttons in-game.

THere is a similar option when assigning button commands (but i didn't bother to take a screenshot of it).