Evochron not running on maximum settings

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

hi i just bought the game and i am also getting this run time error. It loads up to 82% and then crash to desktop. Not much running in back round only steam and AVG. It did load once in single player but crashed when i docked in the station with the runtime 506 error cant load image... etc. Disable vsync did not work.
Steps to fix crashes caused by memory interference (ie stopping at 82% or at other points in the game): http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6595 Then if you pin down which program/task is causing the interference, please send me a quick e-mail with the name of the file so I can keep it for future reference. Could be AVG or it could be something else. Disabling vsync won't often fix the problem since it relates to blocked memory/disk resources on your system and not a display issue. Something is either blocking memory on your system at various points or it is interfering with the game's access to its own media file.

And since you are a Steam user, consider their support recommendation about AVG here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -SFLZ-9289

If trying the setting changes to disable AVG or including an exception for the game does not work and the crashes continue, Steam recommends you uninstall it completely (replacing it with something else as desired for security).

[Edited on 4-8-2012 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Austin »

This may or may not work...

I recall shortly after downloading this game through steam I had a simular problem. My problem solved itself though. EM updated to 1.828 through Steam, but each time I ran it, it would prompt me to download 1.828, which I would ignore. The game would then proceed to crash during load. So I let EM take me to the update, downloaded it manually and installed.

Not only did this solve crashing during load, but I could now play EM without needing Steam running in the background.
reynolds83
Ensign
Ensign

Post by reynolds83 »

I fixed the runtime error 506 at last. I added the evochron exe extension in the excluded processes tab in Serurity Essentials settings.It now works fine everytime but i had to restart a new profile cos the errors messed up the map and the cannon effects.
just wanted to let others know where the problems at. See ye in game
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Thanks for posting the update and information. Having MSE and AVG running at the same time (or any two A/V programs) can result in issues, but it's good applying the exception proved successful. Your original profile is probably still fine, it's likely just saved on a +/- SY location that results in a blank map when zoomed in. If you send it to me via e-mail, I can check it out and let you know what may have gone wrong with it, if anything. But it's probably fine.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations