Unable to Jump until Nav Data Entered

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
8Blue_Wolf8
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 8Blue_Wolf8 »

Hi all pilots. I've just completed the 5th (or 3th?) IMG mission and been told about the containers near Glacia. I put in a waypoint by clicking on the map and hit launch...and got the error message about nav data??? So I manually entered the co-ordinates and got the same error??

What gives??? :(

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies...
Also someone told me it's just a game...boy are some people fools!!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o What exactly did the message say? Was it an in-game message or a Windows error message? Can you post a screen shot?
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Post by Sinbad »

Hi BlueWolf, welcome to Evochron!

Does the message say something about distance too great for jump? Your jumpdrive won't engage if the distance you plot is too big for your class of jumpdrive installed on your ship. For example a class 2 jumpdrive can only jump a maximum of 2 sectors. If this is the case then after you set your waypoint you should hit autopilot, and your ship will automatically cover the distance by performing several jumps.

Another reason for the jumpdrive not engaging is if your ship's power is down... make sure you have full energy diverted to weapons to charge up the power more quickly.

;)

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
shepard_3
Ensign
Ensign

Post by shepard_3 »

It depends on the FTL drive how far you can jump. If you have entered a nav point too far away, you get an error message. So try jumping in smaller steps or install a better Fulcrum Drive.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hi 8Blue_Wolf8, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Hop onto MP and we can help you if wanted. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi 8Blue_Wolf8, welcome to the game and forum. You might have entered coordinates manually and if your cursor is still in the Coordinates data box and the numbers of the last entered coordinates are green you can not jump till you hit Enter to finish entering coordinates and the rest depends on the jump capacity of your jump drive as other players mentioned above.....;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
8Blue_Wolf8
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 8Blue_Wolf8 »

Thanks all for the help and welcome. I'm not MP'ing yet...until I at least get beyond trainee level....Currently Rank 20..17 Contracts..10kills...Qu Progress 11...and Maarshalk nailed it...total Gumbie error...I didn't 'enter' the final co-ord for my destination.
Cheers
:cool:
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Hi Blue - welcome and don't wait to join MP - you can get as much (or as little if you prefer) help as you want.

Quite a few of us have made the mistake of thinking we needed to be of a certain standard to join MP - this is a very newbie friendly community :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage