made it home

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
dragontooth
Ensign
Ensign

made it home

Post by dragontooth »

First off I've searched, read and watched everything on this and it won't work.

I'm stuck in Andromeda, I didn't have to money to dock at the stations (dumb on my part) and I managed to jump the black hole to get to Andromeda by using the method described in the forums.

I have been tweaking my numbers and jumping over and over again for 2 days trying to get out of Andromeda and I keep blowing up......sometimes I blow up and then I hear the jump sound and end up right above the blackhole and then just blow up again 2 seconds later.

I really need help with this, otherwise I'm going to have to start the hole game over again.

I tried the method shown in this video as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAH3yhkll7o

HELP!!!!
Shieldwolf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

made it home

Post by Shieldwolf »

Woof.... If you have a tractor beam on board. There's what appears to be an ore processor close the asteroid cluster. Use your tractor beam on that. ( You need to be really close to it.) Hope this helps. Otherwise you can ask one of the other pilots for assistance when online.
Just gotta ask. ( btw to chat in game you press enter, type your message, then enter again. ( In case you didn't know.)) :):):):)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by DaveK »

I know that it won't help now, but in future keep copies of your profile in the different pilot slots - you can have up to 100 profiles (the screen scrolls down) and many people (me included) keep a profile for "interesting" or hard to reach places like Sol and where you are! That way you can visit again to play or at least go back to your last "profile save", rather than the start of the game

In terms of your present problem - go onto MP and ask for help - there will be knowledgable pilots who have a profile for Andromeda who can come out and help you - or even help you from a distance. Have a look at the "who's on-line list" (the tilde ~ key) and if there is someone with experience (high civ and/or mil ranks) you should get useful advice.

How did you get there in the first place? The only way I know of is via a blackhole from an uncharted system so you've been successful once!

As a last resort if no-one else can help, contact Vice - since he is the Creator, he can work miracles! But like many such, his ways can be perplexing to us mere mortals! Be assured he is watching, though.

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by Marvin »

:o If you blow up immediately after respawning, it means you saved at a very bad time. In such situations, only Vice can save you.
Viper
Captain
Captain

made it home

Post by Viper »

Hi dragontooth

The method shown in the video is the right one. One thing you have to remember though, is that jumping through a black hole is not without risk. The extreme gravity pull of the black hole will take away about 70-75% of your armor. To get to Andromeda in the first place you have already jumped through another one, so your armor should be around 25-30% upon entering Andromeda. If you don't have a Repair Sys mounted (which slowly but surely rebuilds your armor) you won't have enough armor left to survive another jump. Unfortunately, the only way to get out of Andromeda is through that BH.

If you do have a Repair Sys mounted, you should wait until the armor has increased up to 80% or higher, this will be sufficient to sustain another BH jump. If you don't have one and are out of options (I wouldn't know of any other options to be honest) you could ask Vice to move your ship to another location.

Best of luck!

~ Viper.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Busch
Captain
Captain

made it home

Post by Busch »

Leaving Andromeda via the blackhole there is not the only method of travel back to the Quadrant. Persistant rumor has it that there is a certain warp device located there, likely in a rock pile some where. Rumor also supports the need to have a mine/tractor beam installed, in order to "operate" this device. A few survivors have reported that the device will warp you to a specific system, located in any one of the four lobes of the Evochron Quadrant. Good luck! ;)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by Marvin »

:cool: A tractor beam will get you out of there without using the wormhole. Either a Build or Deploy device will let you take the long way back (trust me on that one ... but bring a book and lunch). Or you can continue to try the wormhole ... following a few more instructions than seen in the video (like, for example, cranking up your shields to max and pointing your ship in the proper direction so the wormhole is directly in front of you when you exit hyperdrive).
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

made it home

Post by Maarschalk »

Viper makes an excelent point about your armor and shields needing repair and be up to 100% before attempting another jump through a black hole! It also depends on the ship your flying and if you have shield boosters. The heavier armored ships have a better change. If you do not have a repair system or a tractor beam then your stuck!....I hope you have one or both!....good luck, and make sure to augment your forward shields repeatedly while jumping through the blackhole if that is your only way out!....;)

Oh, and welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time....;):P:cool:

[Edited on 10-29-2011 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by Marvin »

From post: 118223, Topic: tid=8083, author=Maarschalk wrote:If you do not have a repair system or a tractor beam then your stuck!....
:cool: Perchance there is one veteran who has forgotten how to operate the autopilot? ;)
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

made it home

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 118239, Topic: tid=8083, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 118223, Topic: tid=8083, author=Maarschalk wrote:If you do not have a repair system or a tractor beam then your stuck!....
:cool: Perchance there is one veteran who has forgotten how to operate the autopilot? ;)
LOL Marv, all the way from Andromeda Galaxy on autopilot back to the MilkyWay Galaxy?
What if your sliding in the wrong direction in inertia at 10k out of fuel, no fuel converter, no repair system, no tractor beam no Deployers......which it looks like he all forgot to bring....and even if he had enough fuel to plot a course the long way back on inertia at 10k, he better be precise without having to make course changes using up fuel, cause he is going to need every drop to make it back and it would not be in his lifetime!.....;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by DaveK »

I guess you could you could add "no hope" to the list Maars! :D

I might be able to get to Andromeda soon but with only one profile you would be frustrated sitting waiting! As I understand it, you have fuel but can't afford to dock at the station - is that right?

Perhaps your best bet is to U2U or email Vice and pray! :)

EDIT: may not be there too soon - can't get the hang of this BH jumping! :P:P:P:P

[Edited on 29-10-2011 by DaveK]
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by Marvin »

:cool: This looks like a job for ... GDF! (Up, up and awayyyyyy!) ;)
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

made it home

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello dragontooth, hop into MP and some one may be able to help. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

made it home

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 118262, Topic: tid=8083, author=DaveK wrote:I guess you could you could add "no hope" to the list Maars! :D

EDIT: may not be there too soon - can't get the hang of this BH jumping! :P:P:P:P

[Edited on 29-10-2011 by DaveK]
There is always hope that some Alien Race from the Andromeda Galaxy will pick up his distress beacon signal but that could be relatively good or bad depending on their appetite!....;):P:P:P:P:P

[Edited on 10-29-2011 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by Marvin »

:cool: IIRC, the Andromedans think humans make for good pets. Or maybe I'm thinking of Vonari making good pets. Yoda moment.
Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

made it home

Post by Knight Rider »

Only in Evochron...Where you can truly get lost in space. :D:D:D;)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by DaveK »

but everyone can see you type "scream" :P
ImageImage
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

made it home

Post by DaveK »

Are you still stuck? I've learned to BH jump so can get there if you haven't already solved the problem! :)
ImageImage
dragontooth
Ensign
Ensign

made it home

Post by dragontooth »

I wanted to thank everyone for the hints on getting back. Luckily I did have a tractor/mining beam on hand and was able to get back pretty quickly.....wish I had known earlier that you could use a tractor beam on something other than asteroids and in collecting items.

Safe back in the main systems making money....

Once again thanks for the help.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

made it home

Post by Maarschalk »

Welcome back to the inhabited Evochron Universe......;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats: