Logitech 3D Extreme Joystick Help

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Can someone send me the step by step directions on getting my throttle operational? I have tried everything and I can't get it going.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

1 - From the main menu, click on Options.
2 - Click on the bottom button labelled Configure Controls.
3 - Click on the button with the link under it labelled 'Click here to configure joystick axis controls'
4 - Follow the presented instructions, it will instruct you to 'Test joystick, then mouse click on the axis to use for [control]' (where [control] will be each of the flight control options).
5 - The first control option will be 'turning left/right'. Move the joystick left and right and observe which of the 10 indicator bars at the top of the menu moves. Mouse click on that bar to bind the left/right flight control to that axis channel.
6 - The next control will be 'pitching up/down'. Repeat the process by moving the joystick up and down, then click on the axis channel that moves for that input.
7 - Repeat the process for the next control option which will be 'rolling left/right' (if applicable). If your controller does not have a roll input, you can click on 'No Axis' to not bind any axis channel to a control.
8 - The next control option will be 'throttle control'. Move the throttle slider on the joystick and observe which of the 10 axis channels moves. Click on the axis channel that moves with the throttle slider on your joystick to bind throttle control.
9 - Complete the rest of the control options the same way.
10 - When you finish going through all of the control options, the game will prompt you to test the configuration and click on the middle of the screen to save. Once finished, all axis controls will be mapped the way you selected.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I have the same joystick and that's exactly what I did. Worked like a charm.
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

As always Thank You!!!!!!
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

My joy stick works perfectly except I am bleeding fuel docked at zero thrust. Basically a gallon every three seconds. Any ideas? Help!!!!!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Launch Control Panel, if you haven't already, and configure you joystick ... that usually solves the throttle problem.
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

I did launch control panel everything works perfectly except I am bleeding fuel bad.

[Edited on 12-25-2008 by Star King]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o Do you hear a sound like maybe your engine is still running? Normally, your ship continues to burn fuel, even when the throttle is off ... but that seems excessive.
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

It worked thank you!!!!
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Try ensuring that you/your ship is in inert mode when docked, or "parked" anywhere. Tap the kybd space bar to toggle Inert/IDS mode on/off. Or the key you may have this mode- select mapped to. Just a thought. :)

[Edited on 9-30-2011 by FADM Busch]
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Like Busch says. If you dock while in Inertia mode and you have your sideway thrusters or up down thrusters mapped to a controller rotary dial or buttons you might be bleeding fuel because some of these thrusters are still engaged. Also if your throttle has settings for afterburner and reverse after burner or reverse thruster you might have the reverse thruster slightly engaged. You should hear a thruster sound if any thrusters are still engaged while docked. Make sure your settings for sound are set so you can hear your thrusters other wise you might not know what is happening. You should hear your thrusters engage when you move your Joystick up and down, left and right, and if you have twist action and programmed the twist action when you twist your joystick.;)

[Edited on 10-2-2011 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Dear Evochronians,

I spent the better part of my night fixing this mistake on my part. I was able to get my joystick completely operational and at the same time stopped from drainiing all my fuel by not programming the energy key. When I did have the energy key proghrammed I did hear my side thrusters and I bled fuel. Without programing the energy key my ship quit bleeding fuel and worked fantastic. Kills, throttle control and manuverability where improved significantly.
Why have an energy control set-up on the joystick?
By the way Thank you all for helping me. ;)
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Vice,

Your step by step joy stick set-up is awesome!

Thanks!
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

It should be! He wrote the program! :P
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Actually, sometimes it's harder to do a step-by-step when you've written the program ... you tend to skip over procedures that seem obvious.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Hey S-K, you're very welcome ! That's what we're here for. Well, most of us anyway... ;) Good flying with you! Will see yaz out dere. :P:P:P :cool::cool:
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Busch it is always good flying with you as well. This forum is awesome because if you run into a problem someone will always answer it quickly.