sorry more questions

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
mesaratz
Ensign
Ensign

sorry more questions

Post by mesaratz »

Sorry to ask same more question, well Thursday the day when i get my paws on the full game (as i have played the demo so much ... on that point i was surprised that i was able to reinstall the demo and get another 90 mins... is this right or did i do something wrong :-( )
I would like to ask a couple of questions (sorry!!)
1. If i die in mp (more than likely lol) would i have to start again from the beginning i.e. if i have a character that has many weeks of play behind him and then get killed would i have to start again from the start or (like the demo) just load up a save game?
2. I have a thrust master joystick which i am using to play the demo BUT i can not get the hat switch (or throttle) to work, are there better options with the full game to get them to work or do i have to use the software for the joystick to get it to work within the game (the joystick works in everything else)?

Many thanks for taking the time to help and look forward to seeing you in mp very soon
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

sorry more questions

Post by SeeJay »

Hi and welcome mesaratz.

You can reinstall the demo for 90 min as many times as you like.

1: You can save anytime you want in SP/MP except when you have accepted a contract.
When you die you re-spawn at your last save. I recommend that you save OFTEN, LOL! I do all the time.

Everything carries over between SP/MP and MP/SP except stations you build in SP stays there
and what you build in MP stays there.
All other progress is carried over between SP/MP.

2: I use a Saitek X52 system and use the software for that to program buttons and sliders.
I set the axis in game setup.

Hope to see you online.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

sorry more questions

Post by Maarschalk »

I have an X52 as well. For the Thrustmaster I'm not sure! But you should be able to program all buttons and switches in game joystick/controller configuration under Options. There are 3 pages of mapping keys to joysticks and controllers. If your joystick uses an axis for throttle you should see the axis it uses move in the axis configuration screen and asign that one to throttle! If you have software to asign buttons and throttle controls you can try to use that. I do use the profile software for my X52......;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
mesaratz
Ensign
Ensign

sorry more questions

Post by mesaratz »

many many thanks for your quick reply so looking forward to getting this game ... pleased that i have not done something wrong to get more time !!!!
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

sorry more questions

Post by 49rTbird »

As SeeJay says, save often. You have 100 numbered slots to save into and each can be overwritten so if you want to save but not overwrite a spot just use a different one. This can lead to some confusion as to what you have at each place but you can cycle through the slot info on the left screen.;) I got rid of your double post for you.:) Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in "Multi-Player" sometime. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
mesaratz
Ensign
Ensign

sorry more questions

Post by mesaratz »

many thanks thetiebers ... i have no idea what happened to get the other post, i am so looking forward to geting the game will be playing in not stop (well when the wife is at work any way :D )
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

sorry more questions

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Btw, Alt+F9 is quick save ... comes in handy, especially if you've completed a contract but are still surrounded by enemy ships. And, if R1 (MMaggio ... the "server") isn't around the first time you log onto MP, here's a tip he usually gives the new guys: use the "Enter" key to open the Chat window.
Shieldwolf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

sorry more questions

Post by Shieldwolf »

woof Welcome mesaratz. ( And don't forget to use "Enter" again to submit your message in the chat.)
mesaratz
Ensign
Ensign

sorry more questions

Post by mesaratz »

lol i think it must be the "enter" key to chat !!!! :P:P