Noob Question

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Huma
Ensign
Ensign

Noob Question

Post by Huma »

Just bought the game today and beginning to fly around a bit and do some missions. Very Impressive game so far and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what is in here. :D

I do have a few questions though.

1. How do you guys find your way around when it says to go to someplace like outpost 5 near sapphire? I see one station there, but it does not appear to be called outpost 5?

(I know, it's probably obvious and I did do a little searching in the forums but couldn't find anything as basic as this. I did title this post Noob Questions though. Heheh)

2. Do any of you use a gamepad for control of the game? I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions for different setups for the controls. (using a Logitech F310 here)

Helluva game so far though. Looks like it will have hours of fun!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Sincerely,

Huma
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Noob Question

Post by Marvin »

From post: 115731, Topic: tid=8015, author=Huma wrote:1. How do you guys find your way around when it says to go to someplace like outpost 5 near sapphire? I see one station there, but it does not appear to be called outpost 5?
:cool: The Nav Map has a zoom function. Zoom out and you'll see other stations nearby (you're still in Sapphire ... it's a big star system). The Nav Map also has a few other functions and options ... some of which can prove to be confusing to someone not familiar with 3-dimensional mapping.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by SeeJay »

Hi and welcome Huma.

1. When in navmap (F1) you can click on quadrant to see all "known" systems.
You can zoon in/out using scroll button on you mouse.
Right click on an item to zoom in on it. Hover mouse to get info about it. Right click again to set waypoint.
Then jump to get there. If your drive can't jump that far, hit auto pilot. (Default Alt F)

2. Sorry, I use X52 system. (Stick and throttle).

Hop online and you'll get a lot of help as well.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Huma, Pilots use a variety to controllers. I use a X52 when I can but most times it's just my keyboard and a mouse. Sapphire is a large system and you may need to explore the different areas of just that system to appreciate its size. As mentioned above jump onto Multi-Player for some help if needed. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Huma
Ensign
Ensign

Noob Question

Post by Huma »

Hey, thanks for the quick replys everyone. I found outpost 5. I guess that is a pretty big system, hehe.

Where do you guys play online at? I see Remula One when I go into the multiplayer. Is that where everyone plays?
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Noob Question

Post by DaveK »

yes

Remula One is provided by a player called Remula One (!) 24/7/365 and for free :)

[Edited on 26-9-2011 by DaveK]
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Noob Question

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Actually, it's provided by an old geezer named MMaggio. So, if you think you're alone on the server but, out of nowhere, somebody pops up on Chat (usually telling you to press the Enter key to open the Chat window), it's MMaggio.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by Viper »

Hi Huma, and welcome to an awesome game and community! Do hope to see you on multiplayer some time mate!

Clear skies!

~ Viper.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Huma, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Shieldwolf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Noob Question

Post by Shieldwolf »

woof Huma. Welcome to the Evochron universe. :)
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by MMaggio »

I never thought of myself as "an old geezer", but I suppose I am. ;)
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Huma
Ensign
Ensign

Noob Question

Post by Huma »

Not sure what qualifies one as "an old geezer" but since I've been gaming since my ol' pong console I may qualify as well. Heheh

If I get enough of a handle on the game to where I won't embarass myself I might have to pop on the server.

I've played the X-universe stuff and also have played the Eve online stuff. This game definately appeals to me more than any of those.

I'm mainly in making money mode trying to build up my ship a bit. I always got into the mining in Eve, and I can see myself doing that here too. It winds up being good relaxing fun, heheh.
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Noob Question

Post by Dingo »

Hi Huma, welcome. No level of skill is required to hop on the server. In fact, its usually quite beneficial for new players. Especially when you say, run out of fuel while trying to get to sol. In my experience, it significantly reduces the learning curve of EM.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Huma
Ensign
Ensign

Noob Question

Post by Huma »

Are there hostile players in that server, or is it safe for carebears like me? I'm sure there's hostile npc's in the game, I'm just wondering if theres a hostile pvp element there as well.
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Noob Question

Post by Dingo »

From post: 115791, Topic: tid=8015, author=Huma wrote:Are there hostile players in that server, or is it safe for carebears like me? I'm sure there's hostile npc's in the game, I'm just wondering if theres a hostile pvp element there as well.
Very safe almost always, especially for players not in a clan. PvP is mostly consensual and for practice. A very helpful place, barring the rare event.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by Busch »

"Rare Event" = Clan BA incursion/welcome to new pilots. Their "welcome" is significantly like the dueling scars earned at Kriegschule. :P:P:P :cool::cool:
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by 49rTbird »

Most attacks by players is a one or two time "I got to kill you at least once" type welcome by only a few players as mentioned above. Most of us are there for helpfully fun and as stated will ask if you want to practice fighting with them. If a player persists in killing pilots then other players may "at their discretion" defend the picked on players.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Noob Question

Post by Marvin »

:o Yeah, like Reaver 1 is doing right now to a n00b while I'm stuck setting up the Rally.

:mad: In fact, he's doing it to Huma!

[Edited on 9-25-2011 by Marvin]
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Noob Question

Post by Dingo »

Pests
Viper
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by Viper »

What's the name of that new player who throws Fulcrum Torpedoes at NPC's again? Sounds like he would come in handy now lol! :P
Huma
Ensign
Ensign

Noob Question

Post by Huma »

Lol, yep, that was an intresting introduction to the MP.

He only got me once though, couldn't find me again. *snicker* I may be a newb & an easy target because of my low lvl equipment and my inexperience at combat but I can hide ded nebbit!

Pretty crappy of em to target the 2 guys that have had the game for a day though. I can't remember that other player that just bought it today.

The one tool aside, it was great meeting you guys and getting to fly around in the same system as you. Really enjoyed the banter and advice. Many thanks for both. :D
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by SeeJay »

Next time I will cover your six and pulverize him Huma.;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Viper
Captain
Captain

Noob Question

Post by Viper »

And I will also create some 'distraction' if and when I see it happen. I do not particularly like tactics that involve targeting new players. I think it's poor sportsmanship and ruins the first impression new players get from this community. I do not stand for it.

~ Viper.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Noob Question

Post by DaveK »

From post: 115820, Topic: tid=8015, author=Viper wrote:What's the name of that new player who throws Fulcrum Torpedoes at NPC's again? Sounds like he would come in handy now lol! :P
Could be Evo-Fan and LexOR :P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage