Last Man Standing Competition

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Shieldwolf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Shieldwolf »

Woof!! I'll try to make it. And participate. Will most likely die MULTIPLE times. Over and over again. Until the end of time. By the lot of ye. ( And being blown apart; would be allot of me.) Floating in the debris. For everyone to see. Night and day. 3 p.m. Central U.S. Sunday. o.k. :D
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 115969, Topic: tid=8014, author=thetiebers wrote:
From post: 115958, Topic: tid=8014, author=DaveK wrote:
From post: 115956, Topic: tid=8014, author=Marvin wrote::cool: Somebody can deploy a repair station and a refueling station. Maybe even a sensor array. (A keg of beer would be nice, too.) ;)
Actually, pop into a station, pay the asking price and you are repaired instantly. Let's not be too stingy here! :D

If there are any newer pilots who would find the repair costs excessive - I'll happily pay them to keep the momentum going :)
To bad the station repair does not bring your sheilds back to max instantly as it does all else.:(
LOL...actualy it does. That is if you put your shields back to max when you are damaged before entering the station for repair and you pay the repair costs and your shields automatically become green again if they where red before entering the station with shields set to max. Remember you can change the energy to shields or weapons and the default is not automatically energy to shields or weapons. It is to what ever setting it was set before entering the station....;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

Event moved to Sunday after this one. Several more players can attend then that cant make it this sunday.

[Edited on 9-29-2011 by Dingo]
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 116028, Topic: tid=8014, author=Dingo wrote:Even moved to Sunday after this one. Several more players can attend then that cant make it this sunday.
Did you mean to say "Event moved..."? To a week from this coming Sunday ... which would mean the event will be held on 2 October?
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

9 October at 1500 EST. That way 3 more will be able make it.

Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

If you would like, Ding et. al., I'd like to offer my services as on-site referee. Between Bro MM server-side and I in-place, we should be able to cover the field quite nicely. A single black ball from the lot, and I'll bow out graceously. No harm, no foul my friends. :)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

From post: 116032, Topic: tid=8014, author=FADM Busch wrote:If you would like, Ding et. al., I'd like to offer my services as on-site referee. Between Bro MM server-side and I in-place, we should be able to cover the field quite nicely. A single black ball from the lot, and I'll bow out graceously. No harm, no foul my friends. :)
I appreciate and accept the offer my friend. I needed someone to make sure people stay in sector and play in the spirit of the game. It is for fun, first and above all, and fair is a big part of that. Again, my thanks. I was going to do it myself and forgo competing if no one wise in the ways of EM made an offer to referee. Now I can enter the melee and swing away.

Shieldwolf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Shieldwolf »

Woof If I may make a suggestion. Perhaps it would be wise that the referee have his clan tag on if he/ she is not a participant. That way he/ she would/ should ( perhaps) wouldn't get targeted or engaged.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 116033, Topic: tid=8014, author=Dingo wrote:I needed someone to make sure people stay in sector ....
:cool: I'm glad you mentioned that. Yes, you will need someone to keep watch (~) ... MMaggio's Chat log doesn't register movement from one sector to another. It only registers when somebody dies and, when the dead player re-enters, registers the entry coordinates. So, it would really be helpful to the referee for everyone to use the same tag ... much easier to spot a wayward player wandering outside the designated sector. (What was that tag, again?)
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Thanks Ding and Shield for your support. Ding, there isn't any reason why you should forego participating. It promises to be a wild free-for-all fur-ball! And, the fairness banner will fly proudly! I shall fly the SW Clan tartan, as I have since being asked to return by my Squadron Commander, and having been reaffirmed by Clan Command Authority. :) I will take the responsibility of constructing fueling, repair, and energy stations at significant points within the named system, for those combatants who may require that support. I'll leave the drafting of the ROE's to the combatants/originators of this competition. My goal in any event, is just that of referee and witness; broad shoulders, and a winning smile. :) And, since I may be flying in-country, so to speak, may I suggest the [LMS] prefix for those competing, in order to avoid confusing tags in the ardor of the moment ? Y'all will be red to me, therefore, and green to each other. That is, unless the competitors fly un-tagged, in which case y'all will be yella to me and each other. :P A further suggestion to "save" out-system before entering the engagement arena, for those who are participating in this cage-fight. This facility may assist with that fairness concern, and "level" the playing field accordingly. :) :cool::cool:
Commander
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

I will be glad to monitor the event and kick any player who leaves the sector. Also clicking on the tilde key at any time will show players position.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Great support on the referee part here.

I think it's a great idea for all combatants to use [LMS] tag for the event.

Also if anyone accidentally jumps out of sector, that should be considered as a kill and
the pilot are out for the rest of the round.

Also that, as stated above, all pilots save in another sector before entering combat sector.

When killed, you re-spawn outside combat area and you should remain there until the round is finished.

Just my 2 cents for the event. ;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Post by DennyMala »

If we all use a clan tag we'll be all green to each other.... myght be a little problem when it comes down to targeting.

Probably almost any other in the server will have a clan tag so it will be easier to spot non clanned ones.

Another option is to put in the tag with round brackets so the game won't count it but visually it will still be usable.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

I must be missing something here. Why not just drop all clan tags?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 116029, Topic: tid=8014, author=Marvin wrote:Did you mean to say "Event moved..."? To a week from this coming Sunday ... which would mean the event will be held on 2 October?
:o Correction: If the event is to be held a week from this Sunday, that makes it 9 October. 2011.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Gentlemen and Ladies, I second MM's point. However, SeeJay's is as valid. When drafting the ROE's, please consider this. A shared tag is not prohibitive to mortal combat. As you can, test this yourself on an NPC greenie, of any ilk. See what happens ! A clan tag may be a benefit to "communications", as all pilots immediately in-sector may at least "hear" the combatant pilots' side. Of course, if they have the means to do so. :D But then, this feature may be considered a combat liability. Toggling the clan-tag commo button on the bottom of the chat screen, will prevent "outsiders" from hearing your communication. Coin toss ! And SeeJay's recommendations for those pilots buying the plot, or jumping out-system during hostilities; should then remain outside the combat arena for that round, is also certainly valid and fair. As referee, I'll communicate in type-chat, as/when needed. Y'all active shooters will have yer hands full elsewise. :P

Sorry. Yes, Marv. Sunday, 9 October, 2011 @ 1500 hrs., EDT.
[Edited on 9-30-2011 by FADM Busch]

Commander
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

I might or might not be there since it is a sunday! Just in case I agree with the clan tag [LMS] and rule of saving outside the combat sector before start so once your killed your out of the sector by default. Jumping out of sector by accident is automatic kill.....I just hope I can make it should be fun......;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I propose selecting a sector in Sapphire with both a planet and an asteroid field. A nebula would be nice, too ... but you can't have everything.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

Actually, there is a sector in Sapphire that has a station, and a roid field all in an uncharted nebula. Could make for some interesting PvP.
No planet tho... like you said, "Can't have everything"
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

From post: 116144, Topic: tid=8014, author=Marvin wrote::cool: I propose selecting a sector in Sapphire with both a planet and an asteroid field. A nebula would be nice, too ... but you can't have everything.
no, no, and no.

empty space sector.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Why am I not surprised that Mister "burn up in the atmosphere" wants to fight in empty space. ;)
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

From post: 116160, Topic: tid=8014, author=Marvin wrote::cool: Why am I not surprised that Mister "burn up in the atmosphere" wants to fight in empty space. ;)
Its totally selfish I agree, but that's how it is :P

Also, I plan to have a series of these if the first one turns out to be successful, and planet, nebula, and asteroid field are on the variety docket for those. But for the first one its easier to monitor, referee, and hold in empty space.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Yup. Sure. And the check's in the mail. ;)
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

From post: 116164, Topic: tid=8014, author=Marvin wrote::cool: Yup. Sure. And the check's in the mail. ;)
Ok, but I better get it this time :D
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

How about in North Saphire, out towards/past the blackhole there ? Seems to be plenty of empty space out thataway. :)
Commander