[Spoilers] Am I supposed to have been directed to a hidden planet yet?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Ralkahn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ralkahn »

I'm up to the IMG quest where you pick up a 3-waypoint, 15-enemy contract on Port Oasis. It's been a few hours since the last time I completed an IMG quest, but 2 or 3 of them ago, they mentioned that they were going to point me in the direction of a hidden planet. I thought they said they were going to do so when I completed the next IMG contract.

I'm taking some time off of these quests for the moment (having a bit of trouble taking on the 6 hostile Rebel ships while simultaneously avoiding the hostile Navy and Energy ships that keep jumping in), but just wanted to know, am I supposed to have already been pointed toward the hidden planet they mentioned, did I miss the hint?

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by Ralkahn]
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Hi and welcome Ralkahn.

You will get the hint after the mission in the planets atmosphere where you are right now.
You can check last Quest message in the F3 Console/News/Read Last Message.

There is also help (Spoiler Warning) at my site.
http://evochron.junholt.se/
Check the "IMG Quest Help" Section.

Hope to see you online.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Ralkahn, combat expertise will come with experience. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in "Multi-Player" sometime. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Ralkahn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ralkahn »

Cool, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it prior to my Last Quest Message. Thanks for the info, and to both of you for the welcome :)
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Ralkahn, welcome to the forum. Hope to see you out there some time....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Hi Ralkahn,

Just a few days ago I found myself in the exact same spot you are now. Don't worry about it, you will receive your hint when you complete this last mission. Although I have to admit that I had to check Seejay's site; the clues in the quest would have never gotten me to the location of the hidden planet.

If I may give you a tip in regards to that last mission: I have chosen to fly by the group of hostiles at close range, then heading off into space, thus making the hostiles chase after me. Space combat is a lot less difficult than atmospheric combat. For me, at least. Make sure to double check whether or not it is in fat a Rebel ship you have locked onto before you shoot it down. Saves you a lot of time and risk of getting blown up.

Good luck and hope to see you in MP. ;)

~ Viper.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Hey Ralkahn! Welcome to Evochron! Join in on MP-space, on the Remula-1 hosted game server. Lots of really friendly pilots available to help you with the IMG quest assignments. All you need do is ask. :) And yes, drawing the reds up out of atmosphere is a really good idea. Unless atmospheric combat is your forte'. Tapping SeeJay's site is a good suggestion. And yes, be prepared for spoiler info. ;)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Ralkahn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ralkahn »

Thanks to all for the additional info and warm welcome. I finally beat the mission by resorting to shock and awe (Fulcrum Torpedos) and found the planet they referred to - didn't realise I was so close to the end of the IMG quest line.

Point of curiosity - I was always grabbing the contract from the station above Oasis, and never were any of the waypoints in atmo, which I'm sure made it easier.

Thanks again, and hope to see you all in MP once I get my connectivity issues sorted out.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

I finally beat the mission by resorting to shock and awe (Fulcrum Torpedos)...
LMAO That is just awesome man!!! don't worry about the expense, just NUKE 'EM!!! :cool:
Point of curiosity - I was always grabbing the contract from the station above Oasis, and never were any of the waypoints in atmo, which I'm sure made it easier.
That's probably the way the quest has been set up, to also offer a bit of practice in atmospheric battles.
After the quest I myself have never had another mission with a waypoint inside a planet atmosphere. There's probably a few out there that do have them, but I don't think there are many.

~ Viper.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: To get contracts for planetside combat, dock at a city and take an Ace contract. They almost always take place in the atmosphere.