Hello

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
mesaratz
Ensign
Ensign

Hello

Post by mesaratz »

Hi All
I have not bought the game as yet as i am still using the demo (just to see if it is me) and i am enjoying what i am doing at the moment.
The question i have is ... is it easy to survive as i remember elite which was a nightmare, and worry that if it really is hard then old gits like me (LOL) will have a bad time of it... any help on this matter would be great....
Many thanks
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello

Post by Marvin »

:cool: The quickest way to get up to speed is to log on to the Remula 1 server and ask for help.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Hello

Post by 49rTbird »

From post: 115077, Topic: tid=7986, author=mesaratz wrote:Hi All
I have not bought the game as yet as i am still using the demo (just to see if it is me) and i am enjoying what i am doing at the moment.
The question i have is ... is it easy to survive as i remember elite which was a nightmare, and worry that if it really is hard then old gits like me (LOL) will have a bad time of it... any help on this matter would be great....
Many thanks
Hello mesaratz, welcome to the forum and hopefully the Sim. It can be a steep learning curve for some but it is not as hard as it seems. I died a lot when I started but then with the help of others found that I was fighting in a way that did not work well. I tried toe to toe and until you get a very good ship and equipment that is NOT the way to fight. It may take you awhile to find your way of doing things that works for you but it will happen. If it was very,very,very easy it would be boring very fast:D!

[Edited on 9-16-2011 by thetiebers]
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Hello

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Mesaratz, welcome to the game and forum. Yes, this game has a learning curve just as Elite or maybe steeper!
But it also has the option to Save your Progress just as Elite had. The only time you can not save is in the middle of a contract, mission or while you are exploding. If you Save in the middle while you are exploding you will get stuck in an Exploding time loop......;):P. Hope to see you out there some time once you decide to get the game...;):P:cool:

[Edited on 9-17-2011 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Busch
Captain
Captain

Hello

Post by Busch »

Hey Mesaratz, welcome to the Evochron Universe. Come fly the Multi-Player space on the Remula-1 server. 24/7 host and support. Lots of really good people, willing to help new pilots. Hope to see ya out there! :) :cool::cool:
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Shieldwolf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello

Post by Shieldwolf »

woof !! Howdy :)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello

Post by DaveK »

Hi Mesatatz :D

(sometime in combat I feel that I'm in the middle of an exploding time loop! :P:P:P)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
mikeuk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello

Post by mikeuk »

Welcome mesaratz I am from the old elite days and now an old git , you will love this just stick with it as it takes time, and hop onto multiplayer/Remula 1 server and ask for help.
;)
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello

Post by airassassin »

From post: 115077, Topic: tid=7986, author=mesaratz wrote:Hi All
Many thanks
To answer your question, it's hard in a good way. When your new your going to get blown up a lot by the NPC but as you get better ships and you get some flying skills it gets easier. I would advice you to stick with the IMG quest and if you get into MP you should join a clan to help you with $.
As you can tell just about everyone will help you on MP so even if you run into trouble you should be able to get some help.
(personally I think Dingo, SeeJay, and Powell (if he ever comes back) is some of the best players to teach you things)

On a personal note, for me this game is more about exploring new things. That being said there is many many aspects to this game.
Tech Reviews and Help videos https://www.youtube.com/user/TechRHelp
Bossk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello

Post by Bossk »

Hello and welcome. You will be surprised about how many old gits are flying out there! This place is like a honey pot for old retired navy/army/airforce/civie guys with nothing to do!

Anyways, welcome to the forum and sim. Clan BA we be please to say "Hi" in MP when we return from our hiatus.

Bossk
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello

Post by DaveK »

From post: 115176, Topic: tid=7986, author=Bossk wrote:Hello and welcome. You will be surprised about how many old gits are flying out there! This place is like a honey pot for old retired navy/army/airforce/civie guys with nothing to do!

Anyways, welcome to the forum and sim. Clan BA we be please to say "Hi" in MP when we return from our hiatus.

Bossk
and some teachers as well! :P
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
mesaratz
Ensign
Ensign

Hello

Post by mesaratz »

may thanks i will be buying the sim (well when i say buy ... i have to wait until payday) and really look forward to logging in and playing many thanks again :):) ..... you have made an old git and very happy one :D
Flash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello

Post by Flash »

Hi mesaratz,

You might be suprised to know that there are a ton of pilots in Evochron in their 50s and 60s. I for one. Can't you tell by my avatar? lol. When you enter multiple player you'll fine that 99% of the pilots out there will not attack you without your permission. If you run into any that attack unprovoked just call for help and you'll have a ton of experienced pilots come to your aid and clear the riff raff out. They will help you til you feel comfortable doing combat with other players if thats what you want to do. If you want to mine, race, build stations or explore, players will continually help you and leave you alone. We have a great community in this game. There are systems with relatively few hostile computer generated ships (AIs) you can try your hand at combat if you so choose.

Welcome and looking forward to seeing you out in Remula One

Flash

[Edited on 9-18-2011 by Flash]

mesaratz
Ensign
Ensign

Hello

Post by mesaratz »

Have to say that i am looking forward to getting the game and joining a multiple player mode, as i have always avoid them, it always seems to be players who have had the game for weeks and months never give anyone a chance of getting to grips with it before kick the ass of the newbie (i.e. me!!) in to touch.... it is really nice to hear that there is a multiple player game where there are people who would rather help the new players then shoot them up ... many thanks for your posts and look forward to seeing in in-game.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello

Post by DaveK »

From post: 115339, Topic: tid=7986, author=mesaratz wrote:Have to say that i am looking forward to getting the game and joining a multiple player mode, as i have always avoid them, it always seems to be players who have had the game for weeks and months never give anyone a chance of getting to grips with it before kick the ass of the newbie (i.e. me!!) in to touch.... it is really nice to hear that there is a multiple player game where there are people who would rather help the new players then shoot them up ... many thanks for your posts and look forward to seeing in in-game.
My biggest mistake in this game was thinking that I had to wait until I was "good enough" before I joined in MP!

If you want to be left in peace to sort things out yourself, you will be. If you have questions they will be answered. If you want some training (combat mainly) it will be freely offered. If you run out of fuel or get lost inside an asteroid or have any other problems, and call for help, some one will come and rescue you! If you need help completing a particularly hard contract or quest then you can call for support and it will arrive. If you fancy being a gunner on someone else' ship you can give it a try!

And (virtually) no-one will hunt you unless you ask for PvP practice :)
ImageImage
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Hello

Post by SeeJay »

Welcome mesaratz.

You only have 1 thing to "worry" about.
Thats Clan BA and they welcome new people with a kill, once only.
It's just their way and they will help you as much as anyone else out there.

They will NOT kill you if I'm online. I will watch your six and keep them off your back.
Many others will also join in and help defending you.

They only do it once and it's great fun for all involved.

Hope to see you out there.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Hello

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, the Clan [BA] kill once a newbie is like an initiation ritual into Evochron Universe! But I killed them first!...before they got some kills on me by some luck of 2 against 1!........;):P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Viper
Captain
Captain

Hello

Post by Viper »

Hi mesaratz and welcome to the game.

I haven't been playing for very long yet myself, and as a fellow newbie I can tell you that the EM online community is the most kind and helpful one I have seen so far in the online gaming world. Like me, you will probably find the players online to be quite helpful, and far from hostile. Apart from maybe the [BA] Bad Aliens clan (which I haven't even run into myself yet) like mentioned above, and the [RVS] (Reavers) clan, who will attack anything and anyone by nature (You know what I'm talking about if you've seen the movie Serenity and the Firefly series). But even the [RVS] seem to concentrate their strikes on more experienced players and in particular their bases, not on new players.

From where I'm sitting this is one of the few communities where common sense and fun seems to prevail above all else, and people have more of a 'together' attitude than a 'against one another' one. Looks to me that you have found the gaming environment you were looking for mate.

Feel free to ask for help both in game and on the forum whenever you run into a problem, and the community will do its best to help you.

Hope to see you out there in MP some day mate.

~ Viper.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"