Getting a move on [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Hi guys

It's been weeks since I've been able to play, and it looks like I can only find a couple of hours a week to play from now on. I've jumped onto MP this morning, only to find my ship still under-equipped and close to broke. As much as I would love to finish the Quest I still have that nasty reputation issue and I just don't have the time anymore to sort that and finish the quest properly.
I want to get a move on with it now and just enjoy the game and MP whenever I can, so against my own better judgment I would like to request some information from any of you.

There are a few things I am interested in:
  • Cannon heatsink (Pearl WZ?...)
  • Mantis jumpdrive (Pearl WZ?...)
  • Anti-missile system
  • Earn as much money asap (Buying antimatter - Constructing and selling Fuel Converters?... Where?) Any other good ways?
  • Of course I'm interested in buying a good Military frame; probably an Evoch-E or C. Any way to get it fast?
  • How can I utilize player bases to increase my credits?
I wanna get there as quickly and as simply as possible. I'd appreciate any help you could give me. Send me a u2u or post it here, up to you.

Thanks a lot in advance.

~ Viper.

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by Red Viper]
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Military frames require Military Rank so the higher the rank the better ship you are allowed to get. Do missions in war zones to earn the rank.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Thanks to all who replied, both through here and through u2u. I have been shown a really nice location to do missions and make a lot of profit from the loot I pick up. Also, I have found a couple of spots that sell the equipment I was after. I have meanwhile upgraded my frame from the Ferret to the Aries (2nd military frame) and am making steady money. Although I'm pretty sure it could go a lot faster if I got a civilian frame with some more cargo space so I could sell even more loot, I am happy with the way things are going now. I'm training my skills kicking Rebel and Vonari behind and having a lot of fun doing it, while saving up money for the Evoch-C or E so I can fit all of the goodies. Anyone knows what it costs by the way?

Thanks again for all the help, this community is pretty awesome!

~ Viper.

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by Red Viper]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

I do not think you need credits to buy an Evoch-C or E. They are military frames so only your military rank matters for you to be able to fly one of those. Been a long time since I flew one of those.....;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

That would be awesome, coz that would mean I can stop concentrating on making money and start doing some military missions to up my rank. When I get the ship I want, I'll go back to doing missions and making mo' money. Good to know, cheers man.

~ Viper.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

You don't use money to buy mil ships but the more money you have increases your overall rep.
I was only suggesting that the Ferret might nott be the best ship to tackle the Vonari and that using a better civvie ship might give him more firepower and sustainability to survive, thereby being able to complete more mil contracts to qualify for better mil ships.
Sounded like the way to go to me.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Well I have the equipment I was after, and to my own surprise I've been able to finish the quest as well. At the moment I am doing missions in Arvoch (Pearl) Warzone to increase my military rank in hopes of a better ship. The Aries ship I'm flying now is sufficient against Vonari, but still I would like to get the best one of course. :D
I was wondering which warzone has the best paying missions, if there is a difference in the first place. Although my priority is to increase my rank, it would be nice to make some more money while doing it. And I don't find the missions in Arvoch WZ to be very lucrative. Anyone knows?

Also, I have received some info about an awesome sounding trade run, which I promised not to disclose here. It looks like I have just about found my feet and can now have a serious go at building my fortune and expanding my fleet.

So therefor I would like to extend my appreciation for all the help I have received. Thanks to all who helped guys! :cool:
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 115312, Topic: tid=7974, author=Viper wrote:I was wondering which warzone has the best paying missions, if there is a difference in the first place. Although my priority is to increase my rank, it would be nice to make some more money while doing it.
:cool: Get the rank. The higher your rank, the more you get paid for each contract.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Talison Conflict seems to be a popular meeting place for joint missions :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Gotcha! ;)

Thanks again guys.