How do you form squads/clans?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
zonaiko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zonaiko »

Hi, guys.

Sorry if this was already answered somewhere. I searched and Googled everywhere, and couldn't find it.

My girlfriend and I just bought this game, and we're playing together via LAN.

How do we form a squad/clan to do cooperative missions? I saw in the keybinds that Numpad - was to link together, and I tried targeting each other and pressing it, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Am I misunderstanding how squads/clans work? Please advise. We basically want to "be in a party."

Thanks.
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

welcome to the game zonaiko. I play mostly on the awesome Remula1 server, but also with my wife over LAN sometimes. Several misunderstandings in regards to your post. First, contracts are shared automatically when both players are in the same sector. If one of you picks a contract to do, you both get credit for completing the mission. Second, this has nothing to do with clans at all. Clans are something that needn't concern 2 players over a LAN, but if you want to form one for whatever reason all you need to do is put the same letters in brackets. For example, my cs is [HB]Dingo, designating the HB clan. Hope this helps.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello zonaiko, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

"Welcome Aboard Zonaiko"...Like Dingo said a Clan tag will have you both Green unless you have different initials in the brackets then you'll both show up as red. So make sure you have the same initials in your brackets.

"Good Flying to both of you" ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

zonaiko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zonaiko »

Thanks for the replies, Dingo and Brave! We were able to complete contracts together on our way to mining! Within our first night, we got to the third level frame (I think it was the Saber) with completely maxed out assembly and weapons.

Wow, that was awesome! And we haven't even gotten in a fight yet! Just learning how to navigate, use inertia to speed up docking/landing, and mining the resources you want is a total thrill. I'm glad someone got a space sim down that actually feels like a sim.

So we're about to go to New Earth tomorrow night and see what the Guild mission leads us to. And probably check out the economy and make money as we go along. After we get the basics down, we're thinking about taking our ships to a multiplayer server. I read a few posts about a 24/7 server. Is that the one host I see up when I click "find internet servers" or whatever on the mulitplayer screen? Are we safe to jump in and talk to people, or will we spawn in the middle of a clan war?

Thanks, guys! We had a ton of fun on our first night playing this, and look forward to more.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Hi and welcome zonaiko (and girlfriend).

Yes, the Remula One (R1) is available at all times and are free (Thanks MM).

If you need further hints, visit my website.
Be warned, it's a spoiler as well.

The best way of getting help and rank up faster is to join online. Many good and helpful
pilots out there.

If you don't know, all you do in SP/MP is carried over between them, except what you build.
You can also connect ships so 1 pilots and one is the gunner attached to the pilots ship.
Pilot can use all weapons/missiles while gunner only have lasers/guns.

Hope to see ya out there.;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Hi & welcome to the pair of you :)

On MP you can join in (or start off) contracts that anyone in the area is part of. It's a great way of trying out the harder stuff. You don't have to join a clan to be part of the fun. There are quite a few indy mercs flying around.

The more experienced pilots around are always very happy to help with advice, training and sometimes rescues, equipment, fuel and $$

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
sundalo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by sundalo »

Hope to see you in the awesomeness of multiplayer Zonaiko, it just gets better from there!:)
\"There\'s a war going on out there, and it ain\'t easy!\"

\"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.\"