Best Evochron combat pilot?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Buschwhacked by faint praise, indeed! And no, I'm not a PvP'er for much of the same reasons as Viper has so eloquently put. And then again, sometimes I can't fight my way out of a wet paper sack, let alone a Red swarm. Man! I hate those kinds of days! I generally leave the PvP stuff to the younger set anyway. Rest assured, if you throw the PvP gauntlet down, someone will be your huckleberry. :D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P :cool::cool:
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

LOL.....Star King.....you have been playing Mercenary for 2 weeks. In Legends you where a good combat pilot but not the best. I know quite a few who where better then you. And I know quite a few who are better then you in Mercenary......I think SeeJay will wipe the floor with you...LOL....and so will some of the [TER] Clan fighters. I have not fought SeeJay Personally but I know some pillots who are better then you who have and lost to SeeJay!...You gonna need a lot of luck and I wish you the best of them!......;):P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

When it comes down to PvP, Mercenary is a whole different ballgame then Legends.....;):P

[Edited on 9-25-2011 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Dave S
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Dave S »

From post: 113497, Topic: tid=7916, author=SeeJay wrote:I totally agree with Dingo here since there is many variables.

To mention a few great pilots:
Fighting Dingo, Mecingo, Rush, Powell, Gorf, Galaxian, Dave S and Miaz is always a challange.
You flatter and honor me. Though I am just today getting back into playing after a long break due to a new job that I transferred into at the beginning of the summer. So I need to knock some rust off of my ship (and my joystick) before I hold my head too high. :)

See you all out there soon.
Image Image
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

I'll PvP you any time Dave S to get your "rust" off.

I always honor great pilots, even those that I beat but put up a great fight.
You fought well and killed me several times mate.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Maar, I have to laugh at your comments because I used PvP with SD and against them to the point that they dissolved as a squad. I don't ever remember you fighting with anyone. Except for last night when Mad Max was blowing you up and you kept re-entering the game.
Join the last man standing tournament, I plan on playing with my Star Master. I suggest you get a Predator.
Regardless If I win or lose I will have a blast just the same. With a lot of people its anyones game.
This game is a master-piece of fun and I believe this kind of excitement will bring more people into buying and playing it, which equals more fun for us all.:D

[Edited on 12-25-2008 by Star King]
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

a predator? :o
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

It's a military ship!...LOL.....and I do not need a Predator an Evoch-E will do just fine against a Star Master! I can not play PvPs on Sundays!...But I'm Happy to do a PvP against you Star King next time you are on. Mad Max destroyed me the first time because I was out of practice with PvP and the second time he destroyed me because I was not ready and was fighting of a Vonari and he attacked me from the back. The third time I destroyed him, the fourth time I destroyed him, the fifth time I destroyed him. Then he figured it out and changed his tactics and my throtle started acting up and not responding very well and he killed me the next 3 times and then he left....LOL...It was fun though!
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

I know its a military ship, but that's kind of EL to bring up as a good ship is all.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Well I would fight you but after hearing about your throttle problems and the other lame excuses why you lost. I honestly would be afraid of fighting a person like you because I can hear the excuses already.
Even if I win I lose because of the various examples of excuses, you used.
But at least you had fun which is the most honest thing you said.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Easy pilots. Take it to the MP battle field please.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Bossk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bossk »

From post: 113497, Topic: tid=7916, author=SeeJay wrote:I totally agree with Dingo here since there is many variables.

To mention a few great pilots:
Fighting Dingo, Mecingo, Rush, Powell, Gorf, Galaxian, Dave S and Miaz is always a challange.

Bossk and Dengar are also a great challenge and they work great as a team.

With Avenger, Marvin, Atollski, Sinbad, HB clan members, Shieldwolf and all of the above
as wingmans makes combat a walk in the park. Excellent pilots.

I have probably missed a few but those are the ones I normally encounter.

To find out for sure, hop online and challange everyone!;)
Gee, thanks mate! It is the "working as a team" part that we don't always get right! Missing flying with you guys, but hope to be back soon. Got a few things to sort out in this world before I can get a transport out to Evochron.

B
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 115895, Topic: tid=7916, author=Star King wrote:Well I would fight you but after hearing about your throttle problems and the other lame excuses why you lost. I honestly would be afraid of fighting a person like you because I can hear the excuses already.
Even if I win I lose because of the various examples of excuses, you used.
But at least you had fun which is the most honest thing you said.
I never gave excuses during the PvP fight with Inked Mike. He is a good combat pilot. And facts can always be construed as excuses by any one. I only gave this report of what happened because you questioned my skills!....and I never said that Inked Mike lost this PvP because of these facts. He won fair and square!....Your the one that is claiming your the best combat pilot and are invincible in a Star Master.....and I just wanted to put the facts straight and have fun doing it!....;):P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Thank goodness Vice monitors the forum because of all the testestorone getting thrown around. It is great to see a fantastic buzz and I see people practicing PvP like crazy.
Get your friends to play!!!
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

From post: 115925, Topic: tid=7916, author=Star King wrote:Thank goodness Vice monitors the forum because of all the testestorone getting thrown around.
Excuse me. Forgive me for being up front with you, but the way I read it, you were the one who started the 'testosterone slinging' thing. I don't think it's very honorable of you to now claim you are happy that the forums are monitored, after receiving responses you know you can expect after making the statements you did. With it, you insinuate that the people who replied to you are the ones getting their knickers in a twist, while in fact it is the other way around.
I personally find that to be quite disrespectful towards the others.

Maybe it would have been better if you had started off a bit different and show a tad bit more respect to the local residents here, and this thread would have developed in a slightly more positive way. ;)

That's my 2 cents and it's also all I'm going to say about it. I liked this thread better when it was still on topic.

~ Viper.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Remember we want the winner to enjoy his or her championship, so please no whinning about losing. Just congratulations!
Anyone with excuses about their stuck throttles, they weren't wearing their glasses or their underwear was too tight should avoid playing in this contest. :D
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I have all those problems ... but plan to participate anyway.
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Dear Viper,

Check the logs the first put down was from Maar toward me.
After which, I stated a fact about watching Maar being blown up by Mad Max over and over and over and over again, just the other night, which Maar validated this as the truth when his throttle stuck. If anyone takes my banter the wrong way I apologize.
For years I would see Maar (as he can verify) late at night and we would run some missions together and have great conversations about the game. I have the highest respect for Maar and all who play this game and never do I speak negatively about anyone. I think this game needs this kind of competition for the sake of interest and fun.
As far as my invincible Star Master well it has as much shielding as the lowest Evoch with half the speed so hopefully my strategy and ship set-up will save me, if not I will still have a blast.
Remember reporting the truth is different then personally attacking a person.

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 115944, Topic: tid=7916, author=Marvin wrote::cool: I have all those problems ... but plan to participate anyway.
LOL Marv, if you wan't you can whine and dine about them to!..;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 115945, Topic: tid=7916, author=Star King wrote:Dear Viper,

Check the logs the first put down was from Maar toward me.
After which, I stated a fact about watching Maar being blown up by Mad Max over and over and over and over again, just the other night, which Maar validated this as the truth when his throttle stuck. If anyone takes my banter the wrong way I apologize.
For years I would see Maar (as he can verify) late at night and we would run some missions together and have great conversations about the game. I have the highest respect for Maar and all who play this game and never do I speak negatively about anyone. I think this game needs this kind of competition for the sake of interest and fun.
As far as my invincible Star Master well it has as much shielding as the lowest Evoch with half the speed so hopefully my strategy and ship set-up will save me, if not I will still have a blast.
Remember reporting the truth is different then personally attacking a person.

Dear Viper, Star King and I are old friends and had similar discussions in the past......LOL.....;):P:P:P:P:P:P

Dear Star King, I did not put you down in anyway.
I just stated the facts that you claimed to be the best and invincible in your Starmaster in your first post in this thread and that that is not true. I just stated the fact that you are good but not the best ever as you claimed! I do not see that as a put down! And I appoligize if it made you feel put down and made you whine about me whining........do not take my comments to seriously......;):P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

I red all messages in here guys and took some time, so funny you are :)

Don't worry Viper, sometime feeling a little bit testestorone in here is not that bad :)
Star King
Commander
Commander

Post by Star King »

Dear Maar,

Ditto your thoughts! I feel the same way.
:D
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Dear Viper, Star King and I are old friends and had similar discussions in the past......LOL.....;):P:P:P:P:P:P
Well if that's the case, I think I owe you guys an apology as well for being a bit too up front then.
The fact that I didn't know about your shared history made it seem for me as though things were getting a bit out of hand. Forgive me for sticking my nose into it. It's just that I have seen many discussion just like this one taking things south real quick in other communities, and I would just hate to see it happen here. I guess it's the old staff member in me lol.

I'll keep out of it so you two can do your 'testosterone thingy' lol. It's really not even my place to do so anyway.

You did manage to make me all the more curious about the outcome of the event though lol! Can't wait to see the results. ;)

~ Viper.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Event did not happen yet....;):P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats: