Hi all

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
ayala
Ensign
Ensign

Hi all

Post by ayala »

Newbie here, just wanted say hi to you all. 12 hours in game and i stared from the beginning 5 times already. This is a very very hard game. I m in to mining so i did that for 5-6 hours yesterday and got 200k. i upgraded my ship to fulcrum drive 3 and 5 cargo spaces. i decided to go for more profitable systems but i died couple of times when i tried to go olympus and taurus (is this correct?). i dont know what the hell m i gonna do but i will figure something out. I read most of the tips that guru's wrote but nothing seems to work right now. Everybody says visit to multiplayer but i prefer to learn and advance a little in sp than visit mp. If you guys have some suggestions to me i would love to hear them. Have fun people, i love these kind of small community of hardcore players.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Hi all

Post by MMaggio »

Some people think mercenaries doe have a steep learning curve, but it's worth it in the end. There are unbelievable things you haven't seen yet.
I would rocommend you go back to Sapphire and keep mining. Mining it best way to make cerdits in Sapphire. Everybody has to do it. 200k is practically nothing in this game. 2mill would be better before you leave Sapphire.
You might try Portt Rivoch to seel your ore. They pay the best prices.
As you earn, you'll want to build a better ship, better shields, better weapons, etc. When you think you're ready, Olympus is your best bet. There is a mining station there, go there and mine some more and reds will come in ones & twos which you should be able to handle.
Good Luck
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Hi all

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello ayala, don't worry you will be a Pro in no time :). Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in "Multi-Player" sometime. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Hi all

Post by Dingo »

welcome ayala. The learning curve is steep, but once you have a few basics down it gets a lot easier. Hang in there, it's worth it.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Hi all

Post by Viper »

Welcome to the game and forums Ayala!
I just started playing the game just like you, and like you I have chosen to find my feet in SP before I join MP and get into clan stuff. Following the advice of a lot of veterans here, I have decided to follow the Training and then the IMG quest in SP. Like you I found things to be extremely hard at times, especially fighting off the baddies, but like said above, although it's a steep learning curve, you will see yourself getting better soon. I'll pass you a link which has proven extremely helpful to me: Strategy guide
Mind you, some of the info contained might be spoiling some of the surprises for you in game. But it also holds a wealth of useful info.

That, and personally I would suggest you follow the IMG quest as well. Will keep you busy for a good while and it will teach you a lot of good stuff.

Good luck and clear skies mate.

[Edited on 8-17-2011 by Red Viper]
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
ayala
Ensign
Ensign

Hi all

Post by ayala »

after playin 39 hours straight i think i m on my feet now. i made some money in olympus and went to rucker and made some more there. when i had around 3mil and much better ship i got in to trading fulcrum torpedoes with pearl. money start rolling after couple of hours i had around 20 mil. i bought a legacy with +6 equipments. i didnt like it very much it is so clumsy but it will do for now. now i decided to do IME missions, i finished the first patch and got my coordinates it said -70000 -20000 80000. i went there and there was nothing. I didnt understand so i left. now i m trying to figure out where can i get millitary missions. i m looking in forum but i would greatly appreciate if someone would tell me where can i get military missions. Thanks for all the help.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Hi all

Post by MMaggio »

To do military missions, you must fly to the warzones, dock at a carrier and take contracts there. The warzones are to the north.
Good Luck
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Hi all

Post by SeeJay »

From post: 112659, Topic: tid=7880, author=ayala wrote:... i finished the first patch and got my coordinates it said -70000 -20000 80000. i went there and there was nothing. I didnt understand so i left...
Welcome to a great game.

If you read the hint you get again, you'll notice it
mentions Glacia which is in Sapphire.
The coords you got there is the location within a sector.
You just got to understand what sector they mean.;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
ayala
Ensign
Ensign

Hi all

Post by ayala »

Can someone please tell me where can i get military missions? i will loose my mind if i will travel one more system and cant find any thing. i traveled all the systems near vunari but cant find any military missions. there is navy missions but no military and if you say they are the same i will shoot myself in the head. Please help, so desperate.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Hi all

Post by SeeJay »

You can find them in Sierra Warzone (Gate in Sierra), Talison Conflict (Gate in Talison),
Cerulean Warzone (Gate in Cerulean) or Arvoch Warzone (Gate in Pearl).

You can check my map if you need more help (Spoiler)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
ayala
Ensign
Ensign

Hi all

Post by ayala »

thanks for information but now i cant find any carrier. i guess i m retarded
ayala
Ensign
Ensign

Hi all

Post by ayala »

i think i found it :)
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Hi all

Post by BraveHart »

"Welcome Aboard ayala"...When you reach the war zones the fighting will be intense depending on which mission you take. The Vonari are faster and they do love shooting missiles a lot. if the fighting becomes to much for you try meeting up with some great pilots on mp and you will find it easier to take on the hordes of Vonari but, if you still want to stay in sp then try more practice in Olympus and then try Thuban which can really get you some experience with hordes of hostiles.

"Good Flying" ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi all

Post by DaveK »

From post: 112669, Topic: tid=7883, author=ayala wrote:i think i found it :)
therefore not retarded :D - just new at it - and it's such a big place with so many things you can choose to do, that you can easily get overwhelmed at the start

looking at how far you've managed to get so far, you'll soon be confidently taking on the opposition!

Welcome to the game and forum :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
XB7
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Hi all

Post by XB7 »

Welcome Ayala!

I enjoy MP. It's interesting to see others' style of combat.

I personally enjoy speed and avoidance. It's a rush getting contracts that don't require a kill to complete. There's also trade runs, mining, and don't dismiss taxiing civilians between bases. I've seen some cool places because some civilian had me transport them to an unknown location.
Shieldwolf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi all

Post by Shieldwolf »

woof Ayala. And welcome to the interstellar medium that's Evochron. :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi all

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Btw, as long as you're in a war zone, you don't necessarily need to get your contracts at a carrier. You can pick up military contracts at trade stations too (if they're in the WZ). And they need not be combat contracts to count toward your military standing. Any contract completed in a WZ counts toward promotion.
ayala
Ensign
Ensign

Hi all

Post by ayala »

thanks alot guys, i think i figured alot last 5 days of straight playing. now i just got my starmaster from pearl hidden and i m on my way to WZ to keep raising my military rank. i guess i will join you on mp after i get lieutenant. i m still learning how to fight. BTW do you guys think i should switch to military ships? right now i cant get a decent one but when i got lieutenant or so there is some badass ships. What do you think if you compare starmaster to military ships? I usually depend on heavy fire power and good armor when i m fighting. Can i find a decent military ship to accommodate better fire power and armor than starmaster? i know it is hard to compare but what do you think?
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Hi all

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Ayala, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time when you do decide to venture on to MP. I personally would stick with the Starmaster till you master your combat skills. Then switch over to the best military your rank will allow you and test them out and see which one you like best......;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good