Password Prompt Missing/Hosting Issues

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Daidoji
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Daidoji »

I'm hosting a dedicated server with a password. When I join with the regular client it just kicks me after it loads saying invalid password. There's no prompt to enter a password after it loads.

Disabling the password I can connect and play no problem.

Another thing is that when setting server to public it doesn't
show up in the server list.

A friend and myself bought this game together intending to play it
co-op but he can't connect to me and I can't connect to him. Neither of us have problems hosting or connecting to each other in other games.

I have tried all the possible connection options. DMZ, port fowarding, directly to modem, another pc in the house even.

We also tried removing any extra network interfaces such as hamachi and vmware to see if that was it. I went so far as to uninstall them completely not just disable them.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I'm hosting a dedicated server with a password. When I join with the regular client it just kicks me after it loads saying invalid password. There's no prompt to enter a password after it loads.
The password option is only for publically listed servers. You won't need the password option if you are just hosting on a LAN or informing players who are joining you of the IP privately.
Another thing is that when setting server to public it doesn't show up in the server list.
Correct, as stated on the website, you need to e-mail me the reference ID for your license to gain access to the SW3DG server listing system. Also include your text2.dat file once it is configured the way you want it. Wait until after you test your configuration first though with a player connecting to you via direct IP before doing this step as improperly configured listings will just be deleted and blocked.
A friend and myself bought this game together intending to play it
co-op but he can't connect to me and I can't connect to him. Neither of us have problems hosting or connecting to each other in other games.
Shouldn't be a problem with this game either. Make sure you have forwarded the correct ports (and protocol types) to the correct LAN address of the computer running the server program. The most common mistakes are a wrong protocol type (TCP or UDP where the reverse should apply) and using the wrong LAN address for port forwarding.

[Edited on 8-17-2011 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations