Best frames

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Sinchi
Ensign
Ensign

Best frames

Post by Sinchi »

Hello guys,

I am a new player of Evochron, I bought the game August 5, so my knowledge is limited, what are the top 3 frames (civilian and military)??. Also how long it takes to accumulate a decent quantity of cash?? Thx in advance. Regards.

PS.. Thx to all multiplayer guys that helped me since I began the game. Also sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Best frames

Post by Viper »

Hi Sinchi.

You can find any information about frames here. First the civilian frames, if you scroll down you will see the military ones.
In regards to the best way to earn money, I can't help you. I'm pretty new myself and haven't had a chance to explore everything yet. I'm sure someone else will help you out with it though.
Good luck, and cya in space.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Flash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Best frames

Post by Flash »

Most equipment is a trade off. Thicker hull less agility. High tech military ships higher cost of repairs and it goes on and on. In general though people strive to get a Starmaster and Chimera to see what the most expensive ships in each catagory will do and then decide from there. As far as how long it takes to earn enough money for a Starmaster, not long if you find a good trading run. Do a search for "Spoilers" if you feel like spoiling some of the fun to find a good trade run that will earn you millions per trip. Military ships require building up your rank in warzones to buy.

Dingo
Commander
Commander

Best frames

Post by Dingo »

best 3 Military, in my opinion of course, are the Firestar, the Avenger, and the Chimera. Depending on what armor/agility trade-offs you want to make. I prefer the Evoch E for myself, but most find that its too "twitchy"

Civ is a tie between the Mammoth and the Starmaster, and this depends heavily of how you configure the ship. Hope this helps.

[Edited on 8-17-2011 by Dingo]
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Mecingo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Best frames

Post by Mecingo »

For me at least my best Civilian Frame is the Legacy and my best Military Frame is the Avenger. I truly suggest military frames for combat. You should own a civilian frame as well and keep it in storage somewhere in Sapphire. Good station for storing your ship is Evochron Station 0,0,0 in sapphire. You should keep it there because not matter where you are, Sapphire will be easy to access due to it's middle position in Evochron. Civilian frames can be used for non combat roles such as mining, trading, using commodities to build and sell items.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Best frames

Post by Viper »

Just a question about tags; if you have more than one ship, what are the rules regarding naming them? Could you use the same tags (ie both 'Red Viper') in MP? Or do you have to tag them in a certain way to distinguish them. I can see how using the same name for different ships can be confusing.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Best frames

Post by MMaggio »

That answer is simple. There are no rules. You can use as many "fictitious" clan tags as you like for each profile, but the "no-no" is using another established clan tags. That would be "dis-honorable" unless at least one of your profiles is a legitimate member of that clan.
In either case it is permissable.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Best frames

Post by Maarschalk »

As MM states. The problem for newbies is that they do not know who or what the established or taken clantags are and inadvertently can step on some one sensitive toes. And many clan tags have been used in the past that are no longer active and this rule about using some one elses clan tag is the Servers perogatory.
So maybe a posting of the list of currently active taken Clantags in EM on the Remula 1 Server might help. Remember this is just a game.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Kat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Best frames

Post by Kat »

I think that the Star Master, Evorch E and Chimra are the best, But Thats just me, I use the Star master, to Mine, trade, and Explore. But I use the Chimra In Big fights where theres C Ships, and a ton of Fighters, and I use the Evorch E to do Light fighting...
Stalk & Strike.
I be Insane. : D
\"If You Want A Fight, I\'ll Give You A War\"
My Books/story\'s
http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8815
http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8816
~InsaneKat~