Nav Map right click fails to zoom

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
boolybooly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by boolybooly »

I am encountering a problem where the nav map stops functioning normally.

After a while of play in Win7x64, if I right click a sector in the map, instead of zooming in on the sector as it usually does, I get an empty sector and no icons and no amount of side scrolling gets me to an object.

If I set the waypoint and zoom out the icons reappear and the coords of the waypoint are in the sector I right clicked. If I save and exit the game completely then restart and reload the save, the right click zoom function works and icons show up as normal but then fails again a little while later. If I dont exit completely the map does not refresh properly and when I load it is still broken.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something that causes this which I can undo if I know about it.

[Edited on 8-10-2011 by boolybooly]
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello boolybooly, standby and help will arrive. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in "Multi-Player" sometime. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Interesting, now that you mention it, I have the exact same thing. I just figured it was because I hadn't clicked exactly on a planet/base and the map had zoomed in to a spot with nothing in it. So you're not the only one with this issue.

Oh and welcome. :)
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

This seems to be a recurrent issue for new players and has been explained in many a thread.
The reason you get an empty sector is because you clicked in an empty sector even if it looked like you clicked on the right sector check your destination coordinates to make sure they match the objects sector coordinates. If neccesary check and switch between top view and rear view.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

Naw, you're doing fine. I don't know what system you are referring to, but I know there's one like that in Sapphire.
they are stations that are not on the same plane as you. You are either above or below it, Remember space is 3D.
There is a way to lock on to the station. but I have long since forgotten how. I just avoid those stations.
Some player will prolly come along and explain it in some with some simple mathematical theory about jumpin here, then there and again and triangulating, but I am a simple man and just move on to simpler stations.
To answer your question, no it is not a bug and you are not doing anything wrong.
Good Hunting
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
boolybooly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by boolybooly »

Yup Maarschalk has it, when I switched to rear view and then scroll down using the little blue arrows the icons suddenly appear.

Thanks for explaining, saves me a lot of reloading!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: You really should go to Rear View before right-clicking on the target ... to set your Y-axis. Just in case your target is more than one or two sectors above or below you. That way, it's easier to see what you're doing.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Thanks for the explanations guys. Another question answered.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
boolybooly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by boolybooly »

Now you have moved the thread from technical I can see the sticky at the top of the rookie forum with a strikingly similar title, thus proving once again that great minds think alike...

*facepalm*
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

It's a prime for the tutorial thread :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Actually, there are a number of discussions on this subject that are more detailed.