Preliminary Results

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Preliminary Results

Post by Marvin »

:o Let me repeat, Denny: make sure you don't have either the test file or another version of the rally file ...
  • In your main game folder.
  • In the same location you download the current file.
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Preliminary Results

Post by DennyMala »

That was already tried but it is a precaution I've always took. Will do it again.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Preliminary Results

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Btw, when I was testing all the files, I used the Mod Installer (JSGME) which, as you know, saves each previous version of the same file in the order of overwrite.
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Preliminary Results

Post by DennyMala »

I didn't simply because they was not in a folder and I needed to create one accordingly. Dunno how to create the ROOT folder for that apps to work so I put there manually.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Preliminary Results

Post by Marvin »

:cool: To make non-JSGME-ready mods ready for JSGME, you simply mimic the subfolder sequence required to otherwise install the mod. For example:
  • For mods that normally go into the HUD folder, you create a folder and call it "hud" (even if one already exists). You place the mod inside the newly created HUD folder. You then create an install folder and call it whatever you want (e.g. Pitch Ladder Mod) and place the HUD folder inside the install folder.
  • For mods that go directly into the main game folder (like the questtextc file), you only need to create an install folder and call it something like "Road Rally" ... then place the file inside the new install folder.
You then drag the install folder onto the JSGME menu, same as if you downloaded and want to use a JSGME-ready mod.