Jumping About...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
dolty
Ensign
Ensign

Jumping About...

Post by dolty »

Greetings All,

I wonder how folks are getting to these small, remote systems such as L573 (for example)? If I set the Autopilot to the correct co-ordinates and engage, it looks as if it will take several hours to reach the system. And I am sure I'll run out of fuel!

Is there another method for reaching such places? Have I missed something fundamental in navigation?

Thanks for any help.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Jumping About...

Post by 49rTbird »

Hi dolty, Unless there is a gate near it you have to fly there the old way. Buy a bigger fuel tank or take a build constructor with you to build stations to refuel at as you go. If you do run out of fuel, save (in a pilot slot you can replace), then jump onto MP and someone may be able to bring fuel to you. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in "Multi-Player" sometime. :)

[Edited on 8-1-2011 by thetiebers]
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jumping About...

Post by Marvin »

:cool: The type of jump drive you use is a big factor in how long it takes to get to any system that's out in the boondocks. It takes a lot longer to jump two or three sectors at a time than jumping ten sectors in one leap. And, when you travel, make sure you've set energy/shield ratio to where you're diverting everything to energy ... the quicker it regenerates, the sooner you can make the next jump.
Flying Brick
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Jumping About...

Post by Flying Brick »

An alternative to the build constructor is a deploy constructor, and deploying a fuel processor whenever you need it. Building a station is much faster, true, but may be a little more expensive (which you may or may not care about).
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jumping About...

Post by DaveK »

With a Class 5 or a Mantis Drive (10 sectors per jump) and a middle range fuel tank you can travel between the "discovered" systems within 15 - 30 minutes; even Alpha Centauri to Sol takes less than a couple of hours and Sirius is even quicker :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
XB7
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Jumping About...

Post by XB7 »

From post: 111691, Topic: tid=7826, author=thetiebers wrote: If you do run out of fuel, save (in a pilot slot you can replace), then jump onto MP and someone may be able to bring fuel to you.
[Edited on 8-1-2011 by thetiebers]
LOL, what a great way to use the distress beacon.
dolty
Ensign
Ensign

Jumping About...

Post by dolty »

Cheers, everyone. I reckon I'll have to set course and head for the coffee machine...
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Jumping About...

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Dolty, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time...;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
XB7
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Jumping About...

Post by XB7 »

From post: 111721, Topic: tid=7826, author=dolty wrote:Cheers, everyone. I reckon I'll have to set course and head for the coffee machine...
I usually bring a good book.