Kind of a 1 item wish-list.

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Itharus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Itharus »

Greetings,

Is there any chance at all that this game will ever have something of a dog-fight mode of play? Basically a pure combat simulator to practice in outside of actual game play?

The tutorials don't quite provide a decent enough platform for practicing, and it can be frustrating having to reload the actual game all the time.

Thanks for listening,
-Itharus
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

Many people on mp dogfight regularly. There is even a kind of school. Try it out sometime. It's a blast.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: SP is for practice. ;)
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Post by DennyMala »

You only have to start picking off some reds around, then doing combat missions in easy areas where you can be pitted against 2/4 enemies. Then you'll be ready for higher numbers until you'll reach the 10/12 at time as some vets can handle.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

And once you can handle 12 at a time just go into a hostile system, fly to a station that is near a planet and start shooting anything red and then see how long you last.

Last time I did that was fun, eventually I had to bug out because I was running out of cm's.

I made a video about it but it bloated up to 1.9 gigabyte in size and somehow got corrupted and didn't want to play anymore.

No idea how many ships I destroyed but I am fairly sure it was well over 100 and maybe even close to 200 since everyone was attacking me, rebels, guild, energy, navy and the miners. (Was in SP mode)

Wich reminds me, why are there no miners on R1?

Here is a video running a 12 foes contract in Sierra.

12 foes combat video

[Edited on 7-24-2011 by Avenger]
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!