Station Fees Paid to Player

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Knight Rider »

There are a multitude of player owned stations in MP, and I for one have visited and bought from a few of them.

I was surprise to learn that if I decided to buy a license from that station, the money did not go to the player.

I think the money should go to the player, if another player decides to buy a license from that station. I would even go a step further, and say, if a player buys anything from a player own station, then the player should be compensated. I would love to hear your thoughts on this idea?

[Edited on 7-22-2011 by Knight Rider]
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

I would not mind some small recompense from the cost of my few, modest stations. As a small business man, I feel it is earned.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

I did not know that you could "buy" a player owned station. Kinda beats the purpose, don't it?
At that point, who owns the station?
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

when they buy a licence MM, not the station
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

That would be nice......LOL.....;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Knight Rider »

The idea came to me when I was visiting a player owned station and was getting ready to buy a license, but then ask myself if the money would go to the player. I think the player should be compensated, and it would help off set the cost.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 111108, Topic: tid=7796, author=Knight Rider wrote:The idea came to me when I was visiting a player owned station and was getting ready to buy a license, but then ask myself if the money would go to the player. I think the player should be compensated, and it would help off set the cost.
It would also make sense in the Evochron Universe - I paid for the station so it's mine; hence any profits (perhaps minus a system tax) should acrue to me - When I mine or trade the profit is mine after all! - it gives another quite different career opportunity, though to work well I would need the ability to set my prices at a particular percentage of the average system prices, so that I could compete with other stations :) I think that there is a lot of mileage in this one - what do others think? :P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
soulsacrifice
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by soulsacrifice »

Buying a licence for something does not mean you own it, it only allows you to use it (when you use the constructor it also only gives you a licence). I think it would be cool if you could outright buy stations but I think they should be much more expensive than buying a licence and it should be up to you to keep items in stock or pay others to do so, rather than stock just magically appearing with no cost to you yet gaining all the profit.
Profile Share Thread (Links RE-fixed)
Dengar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Dengar »

But Dave K, owning a station and getting a benefit from it is one thing. There shoudl be some form of upkeep cost (see Station limit thread). If I own a factory and it produces stuff, I get the financial benefit. But from that benefit I still have to pay for the upkeep of the factory and the workers. Stations should be the same.

But I digress and mix threads, sorry.

\"Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war\"

BA TeamSpeak Details
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 111366, Topic: tid=7796, author=Dengar wrote:But Dave K, owning a station and getting a benefit from it is one thing. There shoudl be some form of upkeep cost (see Station limit thread). If I own a factory and it produces stuff, I get the financial benefit. But from that benefit I still have to pay for the upkeep of the factory and the workers. Stations should be the same.

But I digress and mix threads, sorry.
You confuse me - since you only want to blow my station up (or even better shoot it down), why do you care whether I have to pay for it's upkeep? Or is it that deep down inside you fancy being a trader? . . . or are you looking for a retirement hobby? :P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

The only benefit the current builder of a station derives, is that which everyone else may purchase for a pittance of the cost it took to build. Namely, a station license. That is the builder's "reward", plus the 25% purchase/sales knock-off, for ALL of their transactions at that station (when compared to the retail offers in the same system). Which means being paid 25% less for the contracts you do from that station. It also means that station will pay you 25% less for what you are trying to SELL at that station. The best benefit that ANYONE who has a license at that station, is the 25% off your purchases at that station. Which makes excellent sense to sell your stuff somewhere other than at that station. Beware those who know the price of everything, but understand the cost of nothing. Buy wholesale, sell retail. QED.

[Edited on 7-28-2011 by FADM Busch]
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch