Updating the game

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
etarm
Ensign
Ensign

Updating the game

Post by etarm »

I purchased EM through Impulse, which I thought was supposed to automatically update it when new releases are available; however, when I start the game, it tells me that a new version is available. So, I downloaded the latest version. Can I just install it over the top of the old version? Will doing so break whatever link Impulse has to it? If I do install over the top, will I need to re-register it? I have a registration code through Impulse, but I'm concerned that it might not work if I install outside of Impulse. I wasn't able to use the code to download the multiplayer server software for EM when I tried a few months ago.

I'm running under Windows 7 64 bit with 4 GB RAM, a quad-core 8400, and an Nvidia 295, and the game graphics are very smooth.

TIA,

Ed
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Updating the game

Post by Vice »

I have sent another e-mail to Impulse to remind them of the update. Not sure why they are a few weeks behind in getting the update out. You should be able to use the installer from the game's site entirely independent of any 3rd party DRM system. Your key will work with the independent version of the game and you shouldn't have to re-register it if the full game is already in place. Then you can later use the Impulse service later on whenever they do have the update available or stick with the existing version and launch the game from the desktop/start menu.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
etarm
Ensign
Ensign

Updating the game

Post by etarm »

Thanks.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Updating the game

Post by Marvin »

From post: 110886, Topic: tid=7786, author=Vice wrote:Then you can later use the Impulse service later on whenever they do have the update available or stick with the existing version and launch the game from the desktop/start menu.
:cool: I suggest the latter and DL from releases posted at this forum ... considering how often Vice upgrades the game.